+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mums of reflux babies

Did you ever go back to a non-thickened formula? And if they had outgrown it, how long before you noticed if they were better or not?My lo is not on meds just AR formula

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we stopped adding thickener to DS formula when he was around 12 months he seemed to be ok with it not thickened any more as he wasn't vomiting after his bottles. He was never put on meds although probably should have been as he has always been a bad sleeper.
    His 18 months today and his pead has just put him on meds because he apparently still has reflux that's why he still isn't sleeping through at night. He had his first dose tonight won't know for a week if it is Actually reflux keeping him awake or not as that's how long the meds take to work.
    I hate that he has to take meds but if it helps him sleep it's worth it.
    The pead said that alot of babies grow out of it but some don't. You just need to wait and see really thats all you can do.
    Good luck I hope your bub grows out of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine wouldnt drink a thickened formula and were on losec with mylanta to help in the bad days. We never really noticed that we were better, they were still possetting after being on solids so it wasnt until they were walking at 10 months that we attempted to wean off the meds. It failed as within days they were back to being in pain and vommitting, it was after 12 months before we had success in getting them off the meds but even now at 2.5 they still have episodes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds2 was on Zantac and gaviscon but i tried the ar formulas and thickeners.
    I found it may no difference to the amount he vomited. It was just thicker. He would more distressed as it didnt come up as easily. I really don't believe they make any difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found the formula worked better then the meds.. DD2 was in less pain from it once we put her on it also! Each baby can tolerate things differently though!!
    We stopped the AR formula and bottles all together at 13 months but she still had reflux until 18months

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub