+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yep go FRER. They are the dearest but they are the best. or as someone else said get the cheapie ebay strips. Apparently they are quite sensitive.

I don't buy those though bc I like to keep my tests when I've been pg for posterity and in the plastic casing my FRER's are as dark as they were when I took the test. I figure if I get a pos on the strip I'll just have to buy a FR anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tara1200 View Post
    Thanks guys. Yes you hear of this happening to a few women. But Im not going to get my hopes up and just buy other test. ill do another one tomorrow if AF doesn't show her ugly face.

Good Luck!!!! Does your dr bulk bill? You could go get a BT for free and would be more definate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hokey Pokey For This Useful Post:

laurea  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't wait the full 2 minutes when I was TTCing for bub #1. I though that the line would show up as the urine soaked past where that line would be. So, if I didn't immediately see a 2nd line I threw them out. I was 3 days after AF not turning up when I got a positive. Then I looked at the others in the bin in the bathroom & to my surprise they were all positive too (I'd been testing from 2 days prior to AF was due).

I didn't make that mistake this time around. Checked on the first urine of the day and watched the test for the full recommended time. 4 days before AF was due I got a 2nd line - very faint and appeared late in the timeframe allocated. It took days for it to show up clearly, but it was definitely there faintly. It was a first response test. I used an internet ebay cheapie about 5 days after the first positive with the expensive tests and the ebay cheapie was still negative, so I wouldn't recommend them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:

tara1200  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never take blue tests, always take pink...they work so much better. I had a neg result with blue, a day later took a pink one and got a very clear positive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

laurea  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes when you get a positive but get AF a few days later its not actually a 'false positive' it could be a chemical pregnancy. These usually get missed as people who are not TTC (and therefore testing early) just think AF is late. Chemical pregnancies are quite common.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to quin For This Useful Post:

delirium  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by quin View Post
    Sometimes when you get a positive but get AF a few days later its not actually a 'false positive' it could be a chemical pregnancy. These usually get missed as people who are not TTC (and therefore testing early) just think AF is late. Chemical pregnancies are quite common.
    Yep that's true. It not common to get a true false pos. Usually the reason your get a pos then a neg a few days later is a chemical or also a very early m/c

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone who gave me great advice. Still late now (6) days. I did another one today (first pee) and BFN. and ever after an hour still only one line. and this was the same test Confirm. so they only thing i can think of was that it might of been a chemical pregnancy. I have sore boobs bad today so im sure my AF will be around the corner. Ill try and look forward to next month. this will be my second chemical pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 Months ago I got 3 x false positives from First Response (the strip ones). The line appeared in seconds but it was grey not blue like the control line.

Then in November I got 2 false positives on Crystal Clear - they weren't from the same packet. The second line was the same colour but way thinner than the control line. On both tests the second line appeared within 5 minutes.

The best tests I've used are the PregNow tests off Ebay... which reminds me I need to buy some more

tiggerfields is offline Priestess of Kult K'iesha... Mooo!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree a First Response Early Result is the only test I trust. I've had a number of false positives on other tests.