+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Plus Size Maternity Bra??

Once again, it seems like the retailers think plus size women dont get pregnant. I have been all over the local big Westfield shopping centre and cant find what I need! I am looking for plus size maternity bras. I am a size 20DD to 22DD depending on the bra. On the weekend, "Bras and Things" didnt have any maternity plus size stock in (the lady actually suggested I check out the dept stores), Kmart maternity bras didnt go past size 18 (and they looked pretty too ), Big W went up to a 20D (that I could see) and Target had a 20DD which didnt fit me (even on the last hook).

At the moment I am 15 weeks and have plenty of time, I am wearing really comfortable wireless bras, but thats not going to be any help breastfeeding!

Where have you beautiful plus size women got your maternity bras from?

p.s. It seems maternity clothes are the same, non-existant. I am wearing plus size clothes in the next size or two up. I am hoping I dont get too big as I dont know where they sell size 28+ (I am currently wearing size 24-26 which are nice and baggy on me at the moment). If you have any extra advice on this, that would be great too. Thank you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've bought my no underwire bras and maternity bras from Big Girls Don't Cry in Brisbane. I'm an 18HH and I'm pretty sure they go up to size J. Not sure if you're local to it or not. I'm sure you can by online though.

Most of my maternity tops have been bought new off eBay Bub2Bub brand. There'd have to be more brands to, that's just two things I'd be lost without.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is the bane of my life at the moment! I know there are a few online stores selling plus size maternity bras but bras are something I like to try on first - they vary in size so much!

At the moment I am wearing normal wire free bras and ahh bras. Not sure what I'll do once baby is here and I need to unclip... Hopefully someone has suggestions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When in Sydney for a wedding on the weekend I heard a radio ad for a place in Penrith that specializes in plus size underwear but I cannot remember the name. I plan to have a look online tonight and if they stock maternity (I need ones in 16 G-H cup size) and will plan a trip in the next few weeks back to Sydney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myer was the only place I found, and only one of the brands went up to my size....so annoying!! Anyway, the brand is Loveable-- and I've bought them in Myer both in Melbourne & Adelaide.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Monkey'sMummy For This Useful Post:

LoveHeart  (30-01-2012)

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davally View Post
    When in Sydney for a wedding on the weekend I heard a radio ad for a place in Penrith that specializes in plus size underwear but I cannot remember the name. I plan to have a look online tonight and if they stock maternity (I need ones in 16 G-H cup size) and will plan a trip in the next few weeks back to Sydney.
    Debras? They are also in Wentworthville.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for u.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Try bellaforma and brastogo online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just bought some plus size maternity singlets from Top Secret Maternity, I have big boobies and they are comfortable. I also got some maternity bras from bodywise.com.au I'm definitely plus size all over, not just in the boobs. I have to buy online because no regular shops have anything in my size.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a 12H and have just bought some Hot Milk bras from an online shop based in NZ called breastmates. They have a good range & go up to size 20 I'm pretty sure (you can search by size). They have a special on selected HM bras at the moment Plus it has other cool maternity/nursing stuff at pretty good prices.