+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm a nurse and wear a uniform. The public treat u very differently. Eg. Smiling more and generally nicer. But i try not to go shopping b4 work particularly Coles because people ask me for all the time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wear a compulsory uniform as I'm a preschool teacher. I always wear it everywhere if I'm going somewhere before or after work, shopping, doctors visits, dinner (depends on the restaurant) and on dd's first day of kindy there will be a possibility I'll be in my uniform if I'm working that day.
    I look at my uniform as free advertisement though especially as I'm mostly around the local area after work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Ours pin on but on occasion I have been to the shop and the person serving me has said my name. I then realise it's still on.
    Oh I wish we had name tags! Our jumpers all have stitched named on the front so we don't mix them up when we take them off. We all want them on our shirts except one who unpicked her name from the jumper so she could shop after work lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hoping28 View Post
    but mostly i find it funny that he is a fluro Oompah Loompah
    Mine's a fluro oompah loompah too, doesn't faze me that he wears his uniform places. I don't see what's to get embarrassed about?

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DP is a boilermaker so his uniform is dark blue work pants and (normally) a reflective long sleeved work shirt. Lately he has been wearing an all blue one..so all navy blue...and grubby...covered in work dirt...I love it. Sexy sexy! I am not embarrassed one bit when he is in his work clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JustShiney View Post
    I'm just as confused as you! When did the general view shift from "I love a man in uniform" to "oh how embarrassing!" ??

My hubby is a mechanic and while he is always quick to change after work, i wouldn't mind at all if he left his greasy workshop shirt on for a while

I myself just wish i actually had a job. Uniform or not.

Sent by carrier pigeon.
    I agree I've always been of the school of thought that a man in uniform is seeexy! Think...Richard Gere in 'An Officer and a Gentleman'...
    So was extremely surprised at what I overheard today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is a boiler maker and when he worked on the tools he used to wear fluro yellow shirt and blue pants. I was never embarrassed if he wore it after work. He now manages a workshop and wears a polo and jeans and still not embarrassed

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DF is also a boilermaker I don't mind his uniform but it gets so dirty and holy that I can never keep them clean so we have to buy him a new set every couple of weeks..

If he wore his really old ones out I might he looks a bit homeless all holy and dirty but i wouldn't think it's a big deal...

On a side note he hates me calling it his uniform but I duno what else to call it haha

inkognito is offline Moving on is simple, its what you leave behind which makes it hard
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=London;6346470]DP is a boilermaker so his uniform is dark blue work pants and (normally) a reflective long sleeved work shirt. Lately he has been wearing an all blue one..so all navy blue...and grubby...covered in work dirt...I love it. Sexy sexy! I am not embarrassed one bit when he is in his work clothes.[/QUOTE]

this... Hmmm there is just something about it lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP doesnt bring his uniform home and its the orange with reflector shirt and blue pants, last month he came home for two hours and was in his uniform and I loved it I thought he looked hot If we went out in public Id be proud not embarrased at all.