+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have no 'significant other' but no way would I get dressed at work, or take dd to school then come home. I get worried about my name tag, but not at home, just at the shops or post office. I don't care what others think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I have no 'significant other' but no way would I get dressed at work, or take dd to school then come home. I get worried about my name tag, but not at home, just at the shops or post office. I don't care what others think.
    Names on uniforms is one of my MAJOR pet hate. I will not wear a uniform with my name on it outside of work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I honestly couldn't care less, But my husband would worry about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleTime View Post
    Names on uniforms is one of my MAJOR pet hate. I will not wear a uniform with my name on it outside of work.
    Ours pin on but on occasion I have been to the shop and the person serving me has said my name. I then realise it's still on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Ours pin on but on occasion I have been to the shop and the person serving me has said my name. I then realise it's still on.
    Thankfully, DH's are embroidered on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sometimes.........

Sometimes his uniform stinks, like BO and damp and dirt when he has been super busy. Usually he will come home and shower before we shop - its only if Ive had a hospital appointment or something and he has rushed from work to meet me so he can come along that he will leave his smelly uniform on.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby is a chippy and has his own business so we had shirts made with a nice logo embroided on them.

I don't fell embarrassed as such by it, I kinda feel proud that he is achieving so muhc at such a young age and is so capable.

But I do kinda put my foot down when its a Saturday and is thinks he can leave it on when we go the movies.

I do notice though that heaps more chicks perve on him when he is in his work clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For those whose significant other wears a compulsory work uniform everyday. Do you (or they) get embarassed when they're wearing it/seen in public with it on?
    He deliberately removes his uniform prior to leaving work. I am not embarrassed by it but more concerned that it would make him a target in this day and age.

On a side note, I see morbidly obese Corrections Officers at my local supermarket parade around in their uniform and I think, wow, how would you go if a prisoner escaped from you?

Call me judgemental, I'm just being really honest. I do think that and I also wonder how they manage to keep their jobs given that physical fitness is a key element in their occupation. Sometimes it's not wise to let people know where you work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dp wears a work site shirt it's half orange half blue with the reflector tape, with jeans and steel cap boots.

He's not embarrassed at all to wear it in public... & I'm not embarrassed to be seen with him in it..

I think he looks quiet sexy in his work uniform

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    WTF?

I'm only embarrassed when it's filthy. He works at the mines so I don't see him in the work uniform anymore, but before he was up there, I'd only tell him to go change if he looked digusting because he was covered in dirt/mud/dust/paint/etc (electrician).