+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Horrible sleep

I'm feeling very moody and down today. I think it might have to do with the horrible sleeping I have experienced for around the past 2 weeks. I get really tired at around 11pm, go to bed and can't sleep for hours. When I finally do nod off, it's an awful, light patchy sleep and I'm tossing and turning all night, waking every hour and having disturbing, vivid dreams. It's honestly got to the point where I'm actually dreading going to sleep tonight and I'm feeling depressed over it.
    For the record, I've always been one to have very vivid dreams and my family laugh at me for consistently dreaming about what has happened that day or whatever, like if I read something about a man being shot, I'll dream about it that night. If I feel guilty about something or someone, I'll dream they've died. Stupid, I know, but I can't control it.
    But this is just horrible lately, do you think it's because if the pregnancy hormones? I was sooo exhausted during the first trimester, but now I just hate sleeping and can't stop waking every hour.
    Any one else having trouble sleeping??? And not due to discomfort, I'm only 14 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am 15 weeks, and yes I have the same problem. I am also always 'uncomfortable' when trying to sleep...obviously not in the same way that a woman would feel 35 weeks pregnant, but my bones/muscles/head/tummy ache.

I am also deathly tired throughout the day (fell asleep at traffic lights a few weeks ago!) yet struggle to fall asleep enough for a nap.

When I do fall asleep, I dream horrible or vivid dreams, or if DH is still up watching tv, I tend to dream conversations with him about the tv show that's on.

I can't offer any help, but I can empathise!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cakeish For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (30-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeish View Post
    I am 15 weeks, and yes I have the same problem. I am also always 'uncomfortable' when trying to sleep...obviously not in the same way that a woman would feel 35 weeks pregnant, but my bones/muscles/head/tummy ache.

I am also deathly tired throughout the day (fell asleep at traffic lights a few weeks ago!) yet struggle to fall asleep enough for a nap.

When I do fall asleep, I dream horrible or vivid dreams, or if DH is still up watching tv, I tend to dream conversations with him about the tv show that's on.

I can't offer any help, but I can empathise!
    Thanks, Cakeish
    Let's hope that it passes soon!
    I totally get all of the aches and pains like you do, too.. then I get paranoid that something's wrong and that doesn't help with falling asleep either

loop is offline Two kiddos keeping me on my toes :-)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried Rescue Sleep Remedy? Its available in health shops. I get quite anxious and also end up tossing and turning, but the remedy really helps me relax.
    I am 35 weeks though, so no wonder I'm not getting much sleep these days...

I do have a nap during the day with DS. Can you do that to catch up on sleep?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to loop For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sleep.was affected throughout my pregnancy, strangely it only got better right towards the end!

My major problem was falling back to sleep after waking in the night. I ended up having guided relaxation on my ipod and doing that instead of lying there for hours. Didn't always put me back to sleep but did stop my mind from buzzing. I also ended up moving to the lounge some nights - the change of scenery seemed to help.

Hope things settle down for you soon and you get a decent night's sleep.

Sent from my LT15i

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zzz For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a very patchy nights sleep again last night; I keep waking as usual every hour or so and tossed and turned all night. I did fall asleep faster to begin with though, because I tried a couple of different things I thought might help: I didn't bring the laptop into the bed with me which I usually do, either going on this site or another pregnancy site, I think it's just too much info all the time and I'm going a little crazy
    I just did some crossword puzzles until I felt really sleepy and switched the lights off.
    Still had the vivid and strange dreams though..
    @Loop, I do want to try some relaxation stuff I'm going to chemist today to get some more multivitamins and will have a look at that Sleep Remedy.
    @Zzz, yes falling back asleep is a huge problem for me, it's the worst part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I am 15 wks pregnant and suffering the same - My bladder feels like the size of a pea and therefore I am up about 4 times a night anyway. In between I feel like I am dozing rather than having solid sleep. I also have vivid dreams. Worst of all I am getting shocking headaches daily. I have an app anyway on Thurs with my OB so will talk to him then about it!

Me: 33 DP: 42 DSD: 10 DSS: 8
    #1 IVF 15 wks

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missbloggsy View Post
    Hi,
    I am 15 wks pregnant and suffering the same - My bladder feels like the size of a pea and therefore I am up about 4 times a night anyway. In between I feel like I am dozing rather than having solid sleep. I also have vivid dreams. Worst of all I am getting shocking headaches daily. I have an app anyway on Thurs with my OB so will talk to him then about it!

Me: 33 DP: 42 DSD: 10 DSS: 8
    #1 IVF 15 wks

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    I've been having the headaches daily as well. I mentioned to the doc but they didn't seem too worried.. it's horrible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.tru2u.co.nz/products/tart...ties-pregnancy

Am trying to find this product! Heard it's $50 a bottle, though..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Headaches and wee issues are a problem for me too, but I think I have a bit of a uti. Headaches are a sure sign of this, although you wouldn't expect it.

I too have ob appt on thurs so am just using Ural and panadol until then.