+ Reply to Thread

Default FREE Triple P Resource

Dear Parents,

Extreme weather events can be frightening and distressing for children. One of the key tasks for parents this season is to help their children feel prepared, not scared, by the prospect of floods, cyclones, bushfires and other extreme weather conditions.

The Parenting and Family Support Centre at The University of Queensland and the Child and Youth Disaster Response have collaborated to develop a resource that helps parents prepare their children for bad weather. The Bad Weather Triple P Survival Guide is a three-part resource that comprises a comprehensive tip sheet, video presentation and radio podcast.

The support package is free and accessible online via http://psy.uq.edu.au/pre

Currently, South-East Queensland is experiencing severe weather, heavy rain and flash flooding, thus it is timely that a resource of this nature is available for families. Please contact me should you wish to discuss further. I appreciate any assistance you can provide in reaching families who may benefit from this resource.

Kind Regards,

Eloise Conrad

Research Assistant
    Parenting and Family Support Centre
    The University of Queensland
    Email: eloise.conrad@uqconnect.edu.au
    Phone: (07) 3365 7307

Port Macquarie
    Thank you so much for this. I have a 12 yo son who is afraid of storms/flooding etc. He is much better now but his fear was quite debilitating when he was younger. They have special plans in place for him at school should a storm hit, but my fear is that he wont get that treatment when he gets to high school next year so we need to come up with some better coping stratgies for him. I plan on taking your surveys when i get some more time. Again, thank you.