+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default when to start ttc

Hello,
    I am hoping for some advice on when to start TTC. I am finishing a gruelling university postgrad at the end of december this year. I includes lots of pracs and I am on my feet a lot.
    Im really just wondering how pregnant i can be by the end of december to be able to finish the course nicely? when is it 'normal' to stop working? if i was to have bad MS etc.
    Thanks in advance!
    we are SO ready to start trying and would be if it wasnt for this course

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello :-)
    I wish I had more of an answer for you as DH & I are going on 14 months & about to start IVF...
    I guess I wanted to point out it's hard to plan... We are both 28 & healthy but DH has a infertility problem, found out after 12 months.....
    We had a 'plan' but it hasn't turned out that way - with that said a girl I work with, fell pregnant first go!! She also didn't expect it to happen so quickly!
    Anyway I don't have experience in carrying a baby yet but from what friends have said, I think up to about 6 months is not too bad.... MS depends on the individual.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MrsSP

I have no advice but am in exactly the same situation this year, I finish up in late November (fingers crossed)

What are you studying? Mines science so I'm in the lab with chemicals which puts a whole other twist to it..

Anyway me and DF are thinking April/May/June to begin trying depending on how far I am through my lab work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MARTTC I do need to remember that. i guess before you TTC you become quite naive that it will 'just happen really easily'. It is good to remember that a lot of the time it is not that way!
    SammyP I am a registered nurse but converting to become a midwife so on my feet all the time!!! good luck with your course and TTC journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You do, I think it's only natural that we all think it will 'just happen' but for some it does but I guess that is the risk we have to take... So if your worried you'll be too big if it happened now maybe just wait a couple more months... Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I think it really varies person to person. Some people get extremely bad morning sickness and this can start as early as 5 weeks pregnant. For some this eases after 12 weeks but for others it can go on longer (I know some women who have had ms their entire pregnancy). If its really debilitating morning sickness this can interfere with work and some have to give it up or use leave until they feel well again.

As for how long you could work for..again it varies person to person. If you are on your feet a lot you may get extremely tired and your feet may swell. I worked until 36 weeks but I have a desk job. I know by the last few weeks I was so tired all the time and was well and truly ready to finish.

Also like PP said-you can make all
    The plans in the world for TTC but it does not always work out like you hope. We started TTC our first in 2009 and I only gave birth earlier this month to our bub! We had a long road with bumps along the way and I never expected that to happen!

I guess you and your partner just need to come to a decision that's good for you and that you are both happy with. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Button, I'm at the other end of my uni degree - I've only just completed the first semester of my 4 year degree. Both my DH and I are 25 and desperately want a baby. We've been ttc for 8 months now. We did consider waiting until I'd finished my degree but we just feel the time is right now. So if it takes an extra year or so to complete the degree then so be it. We think we'll try for a second when I've finished.

So, as others have said - things don't always go to plan. I thought I'd be just about a Mum by now when we first started ttc. Then again you may be one of the super lucky ones and be blessed first go? It's a tuff one, I'm sure you will know whats right soon. Good luck with your choice and your studies.