+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default HELP PLEASE! Toilet training!

Ds2 is 2yrs 8months and we have been trying to toilet train him.
    At kindy he has had accidents but has used the toilet when they have put him on. At home he will happily sit on the toilet but never actually goes and then just later wets or poos in his pants!

We have just got home from the school run, I sat him on the toilet when we got home and he did nothing, 5 mins later he stood there as wee ran down his leg.

Yesterday he held it in from about 8am till 3/4pm then wet his pants while playing outside.
    I just dont know where to go from here. Do I just keep perservering or do I put him back in nappies for a bit longer?
    He says he wants to wear pants but every now and then he says he wants to be like his little sister who is 8 months old. We have even bought him a truck which we tell him he can have if he starts using the toilet.
    With ds1 I knew he wasnt ready, waited a bit longer and when tried him again he did it in a week. Ds2 seems to know what to do but wont do it
    Any suggestions as what I should do???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd probably say he just isn't ready yet.. Why not put him back in nappies and hope he doesn't like them so will be ready then..
    You could also do up a sticker chart once you think he's ready. When he gets 5 or more stars he can have his truck..

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe he does not know when he wants to go? I mean does not understand yet...
    My DD is in process, the first 3 days where very similar...she would stay and do nothing and as soon as I put her pants back on she does her business...
    However, I would put her every time I think she might go now and once I caught it and explained to her that I exactly want that to happen every time I put her in a toilet she seemed to be able to understand what required of her
    After 5 days she is perfectly fine with poo but still can miss a wee (once a day but not even every day), I mean she would run to the toilet and it might be a bit too late but at least she knows now that she wants to wee/poo and if I ask her if she wants to go when she is playing she would reply "yes, let's go to the toilet" or "no, do not want to"...And she can also say that she does not want her training pants but just wants her nappy again (in the first 3 days of training she was telling me that a lot)...
    She is 3 years old though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like he's just not ready. I know from experience No amount of bribes and sticker charts will help unless her is ready. My DD did exactly what DS is doing and finally one day she just decided she was ready. It has been a few months now and I have only had one accident and that was when she was sick. It will all happen when he is ready, in the meantime prepare to clean a lot of wet and dirty pants.