+ Reply to Thread
    Woden, Canberra

Default Night bottle feeding help for my 6 month old :)

I have recently stopped breastfeeding and started formula feeding my 6 month old and it is going great but I am not sure if I am doing it right at night.

Do I feed her as much at night as I would in the day? Should I give her a whole bottle when she wakeas or can I give her less, eg half? Does she really need all this milk at night? (She only wakes twice at 12 and 4) Her day feeds are fine but she usually drinks less than the recommended bottle size. Is this because she had so much at night? She is also having solids twice a day but I will soon make it 3 times. She is perfect weight and very happy. Am I going okay?

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

I just do the same as when I was breastfeeding. I just demand feed bubs and give her as much or as little as she wants.

Dont worry too much about how much she is eating, I'm sure she wont starve herself

My baby always drinks less than the recommended bottle size and sometimes only drinks half.

Similar Threads

1. bottle feeding kit
    By march2013 in forum Product Recommendations & Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-11-2012, 16:05
  2. Bottle feeding
    By loodle in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 17-09-2012, 21:07
  3. 12 month old still waking for bottle feeds during the night!
    By LJMsMum in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-05-2012, 19:41