+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was really upset the boys didn't win, all of the judges said something negative about the girls dishes and they didn't even properly finish their dessert imo. The boys had nothing negative against them yet only got 8's and 9's.

Not impressed!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to whiteyshun For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (29-03-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyshun View Post
    I was really upset the boys didn't win, all of the judges said something negative about the girls dishes and they didn't even properly finish their dessert imo. The boys had nothing negative against them yet only got 8's and 9's.
    Exactly my thoughts. Was a stupid outcome based on the comments whist eating. I do believe these things should always be a blind tasting so its fair without a doubt.
    The girls did know how to cook and did have a good menu and good techniques but last night the boys were definitely better and should have won. That dessert had my mouth watering!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I do believe these things should always be a blind tasting so its fair
    Definitely!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree, except that blind tasting on shows like this is never actually 'blind' I don't for a second believe that the tastings on masterchef are really blind. I'm cynical like that

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess the girls demonstrated more technique. The judges posed a rhetorical question as to whether the first course was too delicate, but others felt it was just right. The white chocolate was a garnish.
    I didn't think the single parent card was pushed either.
    The boys also plated one dish terribly.
    I thought the right team won. But I do believe the teams were VERY closely marched in terms of skill ability.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Doesn't anyone remember the boys main? It looked like a dog had thrown up on the plate!!

Before the announcement, I thought the boys were going to slightly win but DP reckons the girls menu and plating was just so much more sofisticated. I thought the wagu beef dish looked incredible.

I don't think it's rigged I don't think just because a couple of girls won that they won for their looks [and looks are debatable with them IMO].

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep one of the boys dishes was literally thrown on to the plate. And my understanding of the girls tempered chocolate was that it wasn't listed on the menu but they wanted to put it on - so they didn't actually leave something off.

I'm not a great fan of the girls and probably would have rathered the boys win but I don't think it's rigged. I think the girls just put together a better overall 5 course and their techniques and the fact that they had a go at tempering chocolate won in the end, some may say unfortunately!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think the scores and competition were rigged. The girls plates looked awesome. I think it was just the editing that was biased - pointing out the flaws from the girls so that viewers would think the boys had it and most prob not including negative critiques to the boys. I thought it was obvious the girls had it just from seeing the way they edited

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post

I don't think it's rigged I don't think just because a couple of girls won that they won for their looks [and looks are debatable with them IMO].
    That's a good point Benji, and I'm a bit ashamed I said that actually. I completely took away their hard work and based it solely on physical appearance, which would make me cross if someone else did it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Benji  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Thanks AB - I really felt the top teams - Carly & Emily, Nic & Rocco, Jen & Leigh all were deserving and it could've gone either way. All freaking amazing cooks.

What blew me away with Jen & Leigh is that they weren't afraid to do something different and take a risk. Jen is quite amazing in the kitchen actually... 'yeah'