+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bada View Post
    Interestingly, a while ago on here someone claimed to have gone to school with Manu here in Australia. They reckon he was Aussie through and through and that he faked the whole French thing to get famous. Completely forgot about it until that question was asked on the show the other night. Anyway, there are all kinds of crazy on bubhub
    Funny you should mention that because as soon as 'Yeah girl' asked Manu that, I instantly thought of that same post you mention above! It always intrigued me as to whether it ws indeed true.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So the tile wasn't the best idea...but I don't think their dessert deserved a 4! Geeezus. I didn't taste it (obviously, haha) but their comments didn't insinuate that it was UNDER average! I think that was a pretty harsh score!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    AND a 3 Witwicky - I agree, I thought it was harsh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I actually liked yeah girl last night I thought she was all right

I thought the dessert scores were a bit harsh and i also think the other contestants were a bit harsh with their scores - a 6 when they loved everything but teh dessert? surely 4 points off for one bad thing is a bit much? or maybe i'm just too generous...they are playing a game though i suppose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, I was a bit gobsmacked after hearing their comments that the scores were a 3 and a 4, it did seem a bit harsh. Regardless of personalities, they should be critiqued on their cooking skills/prowess and their comments certainly didn't match their score.

That said, what an academy award winning performance yeah girl's partner did when the first score was said!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bada View Post
    Interestingly, a while ago on here someone claimed to have gone to school with Manu here in Australia. They reckon he was Aussie through and through and that he faked the whole French thing to get famous. Completely forgot about it until that question was asked on the show the other night. Anyway, there are all kinds of crazy on bubhub
    I didn't see that. If it was true though, surely by now someone would have outed him for the cash!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh a 3 as well??!!! I thought both were 4's That's terrible.

Uniquey - her performance haha, very OTT!

As for Manu...I've read a little bio on him before - I believe he's really French. Plus his accent is amazingly well done if he isn't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well Im heartbroken! I wanted them to fail SO badly I wanted them to burn stuff or undercook it

The first two dishes looked AMAZING.. I love me my Thai food!
    But ruining dessert is a killer for me...nothing ruins my night worse than a bad dessert, I wait all night only to be disappointed! I would have been so upset after that I would have scored them low!

Lucky I will never go on a reality show

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yeah she totally grew on me, I don't mind them now. My new dislike is the Vic team. They are both b!tchy and snipey. That's the guy and the girl team.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did anyone else feel bad for Leigh last night She looked really pale and clammy and I was surprised she didn't faint. I reckon she had a full blown panic attack, that's exactly how I felt during my first one (hot, couldn't breathe, dizzy etc).

Really not liking that team with the big woman (truckie) and the school teacher. I actually find the bigger woman repulsive as her attitude stinks.