+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just read on the mkr forum that another person there had the exact size and shape "glass" (actually plastic) in a protein shake he made at home. He noticed the blender they used in the show was the same he had from Kmart, and this had happened to him previously. interesting.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

laurea  (21-02-2012)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    I just read on the mkr forum that another person there had the exact size and shape "glass" (actually plastic) in a protein shake he made at home. He noticed the blender they used in the show was the same he had from Kmart, and this had happened to him previously. interesting.
    Oh wow.. not good at all. They should recall them..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

laurea  (21-02-2012)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moongazer View Post
    DH and I were just saying the same thing, except ours was an el cheapo blender that we bought from Coles while waiting for a blender to arrive from the uk. The Coles blender was recalled but the glass piece looks exactly the same.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

laurea  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow i didn't expect them to fail that badly again! I think the whole round is going to be nasty and low scores. Maybe this round should of just been judges scores and not the couples as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to insanity For This Useful Post:

laurea  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's not good that there are faulty blenders out there but I am soo relieved that it was not sabotage. I was going to stop watching MKR until they were back in kitchen HQ if that was the case.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh that doctor and lawyer crack me up
    Did anyone notice the doctor sniffing his soup like he was at a winery about to taste a vintage red? Their wankiness astounds me repeatedly. But they are fun to watch because they are so awful.

Thomas is a world class prick sorry to say. I don't care if he works with aboriginal communties. It makes me wonder if he doesn't do what he does because it sounds good. He just seems to think far too much of himself to ever do anything alturistic.
    Seeing him and Carla in the preview strategically planning to give a vote of Zero at the next dinner is disgusting. And my god when Thomas asks how long the main has taken and Carla says 2 hours his response is no biggy??!
    Oh and i was gobsmacked when Carla spilled drink twice over the pastry for their desert. This couple do not work well together at all. Unbelieveable.

I noticed in the add for tonights show the NZ couple appear to be making something that looks like what my dog might regurgitate after eating grass I don't know who choses the things they have to cook but surely some of it must be due to the difficulty or the chances of the couple messing it up all together.. tonight is going to be interesting.

I like the NZ couple for the record but wowser what on earth are they making?
    Last edited by laurea; 21-02-2012 at 09:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    They're hopeless!! No idea why they even went on the show. I think I'd be a nervous wreck if I had that many people to cook for within a certain time frame with cameras all over me but that's exactly why I don't enter!!

They didn't learn a thing.

I don't think the glass was sabotage, as a PP mentioned somebody would have likely noticed him putting it in - but interesting to hear from others who have had their blenders do this, that makes sense and pretty worrying actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Losers. What possessed them to go on MKR in the first place?!?!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wonder why they bothered to do the whole "just friends" thing, and then Carla is constantly calling him babe, baby and darling. They are just irritating. Like an ingrown hair.

The glass had to be a load of crap. I instantly dont like that Tas couple anymore. Seems very dodgy to me and very low.

I love the WA couple. Their 'egg' puns last night had me in stitches. They seem soo nice. I missed the first time they cooked so looking forward to seeing them cook this time around.

The lawyer and doctor.....I would not have been able to keep my mouth shut if I was another contestant. Id be throwing in comments left right and center and DP would have snapped and cracked them one (or two) by now.

Im like Manu...I want sauce!! He should start carrying around his own sauce in a thermos and be ready to pour it over any dry meals haha. Ive already forgotten who is cooking tonight...but Im looking forward to it.

And thats all I have to say about that.. (yes I watched Forest Gump the other night )

14. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

laurea  (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If nothing else it's entertaining that's for sure! I can't stand Thomas or the lawyer/doctor duo... i agree though.. they were VERY subdued last night... kinda strange really!

Not sure what i think about the glass incident.. surely the cameras would pick up something suss but then again where was all the blood if it went in to his gum like he claimed. If you were going to sabotage a threat to you Thomas and Carla certainly wouldn't be my pick!