+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ah yes but it's about the quality not how long it takes!! If they really believe that they are deluded given how much they moaned about having to wait for others. Grrr I feel like shaking some reality into them!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ICanDream For This Useful Post:

laurea  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    They have only just served the entree and I am already laughing at them. From looking at what they did, they didn't butter the pastry dishes first. No wonder they could't get the base plate off. Tacky to leave them there too.

Tacky decorations, talking back to the judges like that, and being so snide and rude about how "no one around the table will understand the Menu except Manu". Very dangerous to cook for one person out o 12.

And stop drinking champers and focus on the cooking! They wasted their prep time and instead of getting straight onto mains, they drink more champagne.

Bad form all round.

ETA - OMG. The beans! Far out dude, if you think you are that intelligent, surely you realise you can do more than one at a time???

And as for his comment about the guests cutting them some slack, what a joke. Maybe they would if you were so nasty and quick to cut everyone else down.
    Last edited by Californication; 16-02-2012 at 16:08.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

laurea  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    3 hours wait is just ridiculous - they really were in their own little world.
    The 1 bean at a time thing drove me crazy - just grab a bunch you fool!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Californication  (16-02-2012),laurea  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was expecting them to at least attempt something more interesting than steak and 2 veg!! What a joke.

And whats this about the contestants back stabbing?? Since when did they consider them friends to begin with?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

Californication  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm going to go against the grain and say that DP and I both said last night when the contestant scores were revealed that they scored pretty unfairly and looked a bit embarrassed when the combined score was revealed :\

I know these guys are poo heads etc, but the food was nowhere near as bad as the night before! The dishes were 'ok', not fabulous or anything but I didn't think it was a disaster (ok, maybe the dessert a little bit :P )

Although, it is a bit of you get what you give! They've been nothing but critical, rude, arrogant the entire series so people are obviously fed up!

They do seem to score fairly though to the others I must admit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Their food did look OK, but it was nothing special. I could have cooked that!

And I'm sure that the scoring took the 3 hour wait for main and then a further 1 hour for dessert into consideration as well. I wouldn't have scored them highly at all.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

laurea  (16-02-2012)

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    does anyone else get the feeling these guys are actors…just too ridiculous to be true.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

laurea  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I'm going to go against the grain and say that DP and I both said last night when the contestant scores were revealed that they scored pretty unfairly and looked a bit embarrassed when the combined score was revealed :\
    I agree..I think that a 6 would have been a pretty reasonable score per team and the SA boys were the only ones that gave them a 6. If you divide what the judges gave them it works out to 6.5 per dish.

I'm definitely not sticking up for them tho! If they had been a bit less critical of everyone else, maybe they would have given them higher marks. ..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think the insane wait was the final dagger though, rather then the food. And rightly so I believe. If all the contestants took 3 hrs to deliver the main then the quality of their meal could very likely have been much higher had they not rushed to complete in a normal time frame!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pina Colada For This Useful Post:

Californication  (16-02-2012),laurea  (16-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think the scores from the other teams weren't too bad - most didn't enjoy the entree at all, the main was good but 3 hours late and not overly impressive in presentation and dessert was pretty cruddy (and took an hour to come out), the service wasn't good (they didn't come out to serve drinks or explain why it was taking so long), the presentation of the 'restaurant' wasn't very good either. I think a 6 was a generous score, 5 was fair score, 4 was maybe a bit low but still understandable imo.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Benji  (17-02-2012),Californication  (16-02-2012),laurea  (16-02-2012)