+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I thought the jar was quite clever, they could have picked a better jar though.
    I was glad they ditched the pillows after they failed - i often think if it was me i'd rather just not serve something vs serve something awful that i'm at all happy with. Having said that they could have whipped up something in replacement - like make some quick crisps by putting some parmesan in the oven. I guess it would be hard to think under pressure though.

Hopefully tonight will be more interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Having said that they could have whipped up something in replacement - like make some quick crisps by putting some parmesan in the oven. I guess it would be hard to think under pressure though.

That is Exactly what I thought! Great minds MM!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bada For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think Pete Evans and Charlotte Dawson were separated at birth

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    I thought the jar was quite clever, they could have picked a better jar though.
    I was glad they ditched the pillows after they failed - i often think if it was me i'd rather just not serve something vs serve something awful that i'm at all happy with. Having said that they could have whipped up something in replacement - like make some quick crisps by putting some parmesan in the oven. I guess it would be hard to think under pressure though.

That's what I was thinking. I don't know the proper name, but there is a delicious crispy Parmesan thing you can make (like a circular chip thing), which would have been an okay replacement I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't understand why she didn't go to where she normally buys her powdered Agar Agar from if that's what she uses. Honestly, they irritated me soooooo much.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

laurea  (09-02-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    I don't understand why she didn't go to where she normally buys her powdered Agar Agar from if that's what she uses. Honestly, they irritated me soooooo much.
    Its annoying isn't it.

I think is because
    -they may not be in their own house/area where they shop
    -they have to shop at coles initially and everything has to be purchased on teh day

Very annoying!!!

For odd ingredients I would just hide sh1t in my pantry.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

laurea  (09-02-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laurea View Post

The doctor and laywer are interesting- they're totally gay right? (Not that there's anything wrong with that!- said in my best Jerry Seinfeld voice).

LOVE their dogs so cute!
    When I saw them walking the dogs I said "awww they both have Schnauzers!!.....hang on...I think they are a gay couple" then seeing them saying 'coming home' and stuff and seeing the dogs lazing together in the kitchen it became pretty obvious they are a couple. The next thing I said is "I wonder if they will make a point of saying they are a couple or not" ...which they obviously didnt. (they being the show, not the men)

Quote Originally Posted by laurea View Post
    I'm not really getting why they put the soup in a jars though.. eek*

What did everyone else think about the jars?
    Didnt like it. Didnt get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't mind the quirkiness of the jars, but agree that another style with a wider neck might have been better.

What a shame the Tuna steaks were cooked properly, if at all. Still am perplexed how people can not practice their dishes over and over, it just doesn't make any sense.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

laurea  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree, why don't they practice their dishes before hand!!! It's seems they are all so under prepared.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to amesv For This Useful Post:

laurea  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well if they are confident enough to audition, then they must think they are the bomb at cooking and don't need to practise? It's bl00dy weird. I'm going to cook on national tv, and I'm going to make something I've never done before with ingredients that are nigh impossible to find! That's got to work!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

laurea  (09-02-2012),Mod-Uniquey  (10-02-2012),Witwicky  (09-02-2012)