+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not really getting why they put the soup in a jars though.. eek*

What did everyone else think about the jars?

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laurea View Post
    I'm not really getting why they put the soup in a jars though.. eek*

What did everyone else think about the jars?
    Didn't like it, reminded me of baby food

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

laurea  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exactly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I thought the idea of the jars was a little quirky and cute, but didn't like the style of jars because they really did seem like baby food jars. I think it could have waorked with a wider and wide necked jar.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Due to the contents of the jar, including colour and consistency, all I could think of was baby food. I would have found it really off-putting. However, I do like when contestants get creative when dishing up. I feel like they should have done *something* in place of the parmesan pillows - serving pea soup on its own in a comp like this was never going to end well.

The tuna looked really gross...it just didn't appeal to me at all! I would have also put some of the aioli on the plates as opposed to none. The worst that could happen is the judges suggesting it needs more sauce, but not having any at all wasn't a very wise move. It looked really dry and unappealing. Plus they could have gained more points due to the taste of the aiolo, even if it was just a small taste. You can't give points for something that isn't there at all.

Once again it makes me wonder - why not practice these dishes first? If I was going to be on national TV, I would be practicing it heaps! Or I would cook something I KNEW I was good at making. Some contestants do it (someone said the other week "I've made this a million times"), but then others don't seem to know what they're making or how? The girl last night asked how long to sear the tuna for. I mean, really?!

The dessert looked cool!

Was I the only one who picked up on the older contestant's mispronounciation of Jamón? She called it "jum-on", and prounced the 'j'. Hehe. Reminded me of Kath and Kim

Thanks
    Reviews
    I totally agree about practising the dishes before you start them! Seriously...

Although, cooking does not seem to be a pre-requisite for the show. I know that CH 7 producers asked someone who auditioned well for Australian amazing race if they could go on MKR instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I completely agree Witwicky i don't get why you would make something you hadn't made before or practised either!

I think they should have tried to crumb the failed parmesan pillows and put some on top of the soup..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same. I would have at least practised the dish at least too or made something i knew i was good at.

I would have tried to crumb the failed parmesan pillows and sprinkled it over the top of the soup if i were them..

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I was under the impression that Coles dont freeze and thaw....but the middle-man-company THEY buy from does...so its bought from farmers by XYZ, frozen until needed, then thawed and sold/sent to Coles....if that makes sense. Just what I heard.
    They probably do both. I just know from my local fruit and veg guy that he and IGA are the only ones local that actually BUY local. He's mostly from our area, IGA from WA as a whole. Coles import a lot of stuff. They just have "clever" advertising such as this ad that make you think they support Australian farmers when they don't really!!

Take their $10 meals. It's only $10 based on the ingredients. But I've yet to see any shop that will let you buy half an onion, a pinch of saffron and a pinch of salt

Sorry. Will get off my high horse now. I just really hate Coles and their false adverts.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (09-02-2012),Benji  (09-02-2012),rainbow road  (09-02-2012)