+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 98 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was bummed the QLD boys did so badly. They really tried. I did think the lychee salsa was a bit odd. I like surf and turf though, but not steak like an old shoe. From the look of the ads the VIC team are going to flop tomorrow night, but they always make it look like that even when they do well. He was such a jerk tonight. I really dislike him. I hate arrogant little upstarts with zero experience who act like they know everything. And like others have said, the SA b!tches just complain for no reason. I like the way the rough truckie answers back to princess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I do quietly admit that I have a giggle any time Jennifer comments on the food because she continues to reflect her gross ignorance as to what the item is and how its made or how it should be served/tasted. I loved the one about the icecream and custard. And her correction of the judge regarding fish floss. Tonight's comment about sherry having to be served cold is also way off the mark.

She has no idea.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    I was bummed the QLD boys did so badly. They really tried. I did think the lychee salsa was a bit odd. I like surf and turf though, but not steak like an old shoe. From the look of the ads the VIC team are going to flop tomorrow night, but they always make it look like that even when they do well. He was such a jerk tonight. I really dislike him. I hate arrogant little upstarts with zero experience who act like they know everything. And like others have said, the SA b!tches just complain for no reason. I like the way the rough truckie answers back to princess.
    Agree Agree Agree!

DP said 'that Vic guy is more of a b!tchy princess than the SA girl'.

Whats with "tropical fruit and seafood just dont work" and the judges comment about red meat not being eaten in a surf and turf....WTF? I love both those things! It must be a seas specific thing, surely. Even if it is, shouldnt a chef know that these are considered the norm in places across Australia?

I was bummed the army guys didnt do soo well. They seem like nice, genuine guys. I would have eaten the entree without bothering eating the claw...they had the middle part anyway so why bother with the tiny amount of meat in the claw?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also felt bad for the boys lastnight.. i mean just because the judges dont like it the way the dishes were presented doesnt mean others wont!!
    And the Vic guy... seriously feel like punching him!!! DH has never watched MKR and only watched yesterdays episode..he instently disliked the Vic guy and now will watch todays episode ,hoping they crash and burn !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I thought it was quite funny that the boys blamed the temperature gauge when it worked perfectly fine, it was them that didn't know what temp to cook med rare.

I get the impression not many of the contestants like princess either. How does her hubby put up with her?!

My dh would so like to punch the vic bloke in the mouth

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh would so like to punch the vic bloke in the mouth
    Don't you get the impression that this guy has been punched in the mouth before? *lol*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Disappointed with last night, I was hoping they would do well. Looking forward to tonight - hope they fail

I like the princess now, she has a good sense of humor. She's still as dumb as anything but she always makes me laugh. The show might actually be a bit boring without her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Whats with "tropical fruit and seafood just dont work" and the judges comment about red meat not being eaten in a surf and turf....WTF? I love both those things! It must be a seas specific thing, surely. Even if it is, shouldnt a chef know that these are considered the norm in places across Australia?

yeah, whats the deal with 'surf and turf doesnt work?' its on the menu of almost every place i go to!!

can someone remind me whjat happens next? i know theres another lot of couples but from this lot, does the lowest scoring couple leave or do the 2 lowest scoring couples do an elimation round?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I thought i remembered one of the judges saying something was 'inedible' in one of the ads? I don't think we have seen that in the episodes so far - so hopefully that was from the episode with the Vic team tonight. *fingers crossed*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    can someone remind me whjat happens next? i know theres another lot of couples but from this lot, does the lowest scoring couple leave or do the 2 lowest scoring couples do an elimation round?
    The lowest scoring from each group of contestants have an elimination cook off back at "HQ" and then the loser from that goes home. Then after that (I think) they have rounds where everyone competes and there are some 'safe' people and the bottom 2, 3, 4 however many do another elimination and so on.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (07-02-2012)