+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 95 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love the soldiers!

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I know it's reality TV and to take it with a grain of salt, but I think it's ridiculous they aren't given a chance to test run an oven if they can't film at home? Second oven problem out of 4 couples? I'm assuming it wasn't their kitchen.

Honestly, I think everyone was harsh on the Kiwis. I think they're alright.

That Victorian team are just nasty and awkward.

And I like my meat pretty rare, so I thought the lamb looked delicious!
    I think the oven problems are just thrown in there to make for good TV. I swear one of the producers just sneaks in and switches them off when the contestants aren't watching It's a bit obvious that it's happened twice though!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is all a bit strange how ovens play up and stuff. And why wouldn't you have a trial run.. or a few trial runs of what your cooking? So many couples say it's the first time they have done something or 'i hope this goes well together'

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    yes, i think it might be the case that they set some of these things up for better tv - i mean i didnt even understand what it was with the oven that wasnt working. And the butter wasnt cold enough…fridge problems & then the bloody pastry cream (what the heck is that anyway) wasnt thick enough……………….weird.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You would of just whacked it in the freezer for a few minutes hey

7. The Following User Says Thank You to insanity For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (03-02-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha74 View Post
    You would of just whacked it in the freezer for a few minutes hey
    Thats what I was saying/yelling to my tv Hahaha "If the butter is not cold enough PUT IT IN THE BLOODY FREEZER FOR A MINUTE!". Although, I dont get how cold butter was needed when it was getting put straight into a hot pot But then, Im not a good cook, so its probably no wonder this doesnt make sense to me hahaha

I keep thinking, how much it would suck to be a 'foodie'. Mentally critiquing every single thing you ever eat rather than just being able to enjoy it. Id find that a burden.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Ulysses  (03-02-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Thats what I was saying/yelling to my tv Hahaha "If the butter is not cold enough PUT IT IN THE BLOODY FREEZER FOR A MINUTE!". Although, I dont get how cold butter was needed when it was getting put straight into a hot pot But then, Im not a good cook, so its probably no wonder this doesnt make sense to me hahaha

I keep thinking, how much it would suck to be a 'foodie'. Mentally critiquing every single thing you ever eat rather than just being able to enjoy it. Id find that a burden.
    Yeh it wasn't the butter - it was her! Cold butter does help, but it was still her - poor love.

Trust me being a 'foodie' sucks - im a chef and its soo hard to enjoy food. My friends HATE going out to eat with my DH and I (he a chef 2)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I know it's reality TV and to take it with a grain of salt, but I think it's ridiculous they aren't given a chance to test run an oven if they can't film at home? Second oven problem out of 4 couples? I'm assuming it wasn't their kitchen.

Honestly, I think everyone was harsh on the Kiwis. I think they're alright.

That Victorian team are just nasty and awkward.

And I like my meat pretty rare, so I thought the lamb looked delicious!

I agree.

I think they should have been able to fix the oven or some provision should have been made regarding the oven- it hardly seemed fair.

I thought the mash/scallop thing looked yum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disappointing. Serving blue lamb and well, I don't even know how to describe the pavs except for woeful!

I feel so sorry for them. Does seem a bit unfair as it would have been a great menu if the oven had of been working properly.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    one thing i dont get is, why be so arrogant like the "just friends" couple (i cant stand either of them) & the princess duo (her voice is sooooooo annoying) & the new zealand couple. If i were on the show i would be super nice, firstly the other people might actually score me better & secondly if my oven blows up or my fridge stops working or the bloody pastry cream (still don't know what that is) doesnt work out then at least i won't look like an idiot. I get that you might need to come across that way when interviewing for the show, but once your on there you think you might at least pretend you don't think your fantastic.

Buttoneska, i always wonder what chefs must think when they watch this show…….i know if i hear one more person say "the hero of the dish is……" i will kill someone, so it must be even more annoying for professionals i would imagine.