+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I personally wouldn't do it, since yours is first. Weddings are very emotional so rational thought or explanations is often irrelevant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Be prepared to be met with Bridezilla if you use it without talking to her first!!!

Honestly I think it's bad taste!!

Being your SIL your going to have some of the same guests at both weddings I would assume, as a guest I would find it odd two family weddings in close succession with almost exact colour bridesmaid dresses would be odd!!!

I would talk to her first but personally would chose another colour!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't do it without talking to her first although personally I wouldn't do it.
    I got married a year ago and had a black and hot pink theme so everything was those colours. Had a friend come to my wedding and tell me how much she loved the colour scheme and how awesome everything looks. Oh and then proceeded to tell me her dress was gonna b bigger then mine ( I had a strapless, corset big princess dress that just exploded below the waist and had a big train. My dream dress)
    Anywoo she had her wedding around 7 months later and what do u no EVERYTHING was just the same as mine, the invites, bridesmaids dresses( although different style) bouquets, table decorations everything. Oh and also her dress was uber tiny compared to mine.
    Point of the story I's I spent the whole day comparing my wedding to hers and repeatedly asking my dh I'f ours was better and did I look better etc etc.
    I'm sure you don't want to b like that on your sil day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't do it. If t was after hers then fine. But there will be people at both and no matter how fine she might be about it her guests will still compare everything about the weddings because of the same colours.

OR. If you do get the dresses then choose an alternating colour for everything else. Do pink sashes, flowers and highlights and the event will look 100% different even with a similar colour bridesmaids. Match the rest of your decor to your flower colour. Orange would pop. Black and silver with the blue will be nighttime dreamy. Or purple and real with the blue and some peacock feathers will give a fun look.