+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We had the exact same problems with our daughter since the word go. She is now 7 weeks old and has been on novalac reflux formula for 2 weeks
    Now and is so much better etc. Mind you it is $26 a can.

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    your gp can prescribe Losec. Skip zantac & go straight to losec a pead will usually start of with 3.27 mls (from memory).

I would stop the mylanta becos of the aluminium issues you already raised.

The drop in percentile is a bit of a worry, keep your eye on his weight gain/loss. Losing so much so quickly can be indicative of a problem.

Try a dummy i think they can help with some of the acid issues & also provide a bit of comfort for your baby.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i am so over these doctors!!!! went to the clinic today and turned out my GP was on sick leave. Since i was there i wanted to hear what other doctors would say. The doctor who saw us told me that most babies develop reflux at around 10 weeks and it would go away few weeks later. Well, from what i read from others story, it was not the case unless they made the story up. And i askedwould it be because of cows milk intolerance, he told me there is no scientific evidence so far...i knows someone's bub was exactly diagnosed with that and got better after cutting off diary!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    From personal experience it doesn't go away in a few weeks. You have a few options. Continue BF and eliminate dairy for two weeks and see if it gets better. 2 weeks is a pretty good indicator. Or start to formula feed using an anti reflux formula. Or go and see someone else. Find a good paediatrician and get a proper diagnosis and management plan. Go and see a chiro too. Reflux is difficult as what works for one doesn't work for another. Hang in there!!!

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    there should be a compound chemist somewhere near you for the Losec. Alot of them will deliver it to you as well, some for free & some charge a fee of around $10.00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you for your advise, it is tough going through all of these. we have tried changing formula between brands and also tried AR formula, none seemed working. Finally today i got prescription for Losec from my Gp, and wanna try that out, hopefuly it will work
    Quote Originally Posted by Karatate View Post
    We had the exact same problems with our daughter since the word go. She is now 7 weeks old and has been on novalac reflux formula for 2 weeks
    Now and is so much better etc. Mind you it is $26 a can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you for your information, today is my day and i got prescription for Losec from my GP. but he told me to dipense half the tablet in water and gave him with spoon. Can i do that way or compounding would be better? I tried dummy, but he dosen't always take it, instead he likes his thumb~
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
    your gp can prescribe Losec. Skip zantac & go straight to losec a pead will usually start of with 3.27 mls (from memory).

I would stop the mylanta becos of the aluminium issues you already raised.

The drop in percentile is a bit of a worry, keep your eye on his weight gain/loss. Losing so much so quickly can be indicative of a problem.

Try a dummy i think they can help with some of the acid issues & also provide a bit of comfort for your baby.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i cut off dairy since this monday, wanna see how it goes, but i am about to try Losec from today, so how can i tell which one is working? i have tried AR formula and did not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by wigglemum View Post
    From personal experience it doesn't go away in a few weeks. You have a few options. Continue BF and eliminate dairy for two weeks and see if it gets better. 2 weeks is a pretty good indicator. Or start to formula feed using an anti reflux formula. Or go and see someone else. Find a good paediatrician and get a proper diagnosis and management plan. Go and see a chiro too. Reflux is difficult as what works for one doesn't work for another. Hang in there!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to risen For This Useful Post:

wigglemum  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You'll need to give losec at least 2 weeks if not 4 weeks to work before you notice any difference. If its not working, you may need to increase the dose or try a difference medication like Zoton.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son had really bad reflux and i went to the doctor and he told me to try novalac anti reflux formula i found once he started on that he was so much better.