+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sick bub with temperature, mum seeking advice

Hi,

I have a 8 month old baby girl who in the last 15 hrs has developed a fever ranging from 37.9-38.4 and am seeking advice from other parents as to if this can be associated to teething.

My DD still has no teeth and has had teething symptoms on and off for the last 3 months, she went from sleeping through the night 10+ hours to waking up really unsettled every 2-3 hours.

During the last week she has started chewing on her gums more and sucking everything in site, being unsettled but hasn't had excessive drooling or redness in the cheeks. She has also had Diahorrea and more vomiting then usual ( she has reflux ) so has always been a spewy baby.

My question to everyone is can this fever mean her teeth are finally going to make an appearance or should I be worried it is something more serious, she doesn't have any flu like symptoms and is still having wet nappies but isn't too keen on her solid foods and her will only drink about 100ml of her bottle every 4 hours. Am just a very worried mum if it isn't teeth, should I take her to hospital as a precaution?

Any advice on the matter would be great, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like teething, but if her temp gets too high you can ring Nurse on Call

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi and thanks for the replies, my daughters temperature spiked last night and she had very shallow breathing so we took her straight to the childrens hospital and they monitered her and advised us she had a viral infection, they said it should be gone within a couple of days but she is still having high temperatures so I have an appointment with our GP tomorrow morning so am hoping for a good outcome.

thanks again for your help

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Teething does not cause increases in temperature. Temperature rises are caused by the immune system trying to fight a bug by making the body temperature too high for the bug to survive. As long as they don't get over 39.5 I don't medicate my kids, but rather let their system fight. Keep her fluids up. If she is miserable, I would give paracetamol for that, but not for temperature alone.