+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Not to completely freak you out but dh and I stopped having sex at 4 months and bub is now 12 months and in the last year we have had sex 4 time and that is just cause I felt guilty if it went for guilt we wouldnt have done it at all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 1tpreg For This Useful Post:

Californication  (02-02-2012)

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    It can depend on whether you breastfeed or not. Breastfeeding is associated with low oestrogen levels, which can impact vaginal lubrication and the ability to reach climax.

Libido almost inevitably returns at some point, though. At least until menopause hits!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We tried this morning and it was pretty bad. I would happy not to do it again for the next 15 weeks . The beginning I was gagging. I just want cuddles and affection. I too hope it comes back

5. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry OT but - Tam I Am, I recently asked somewhere on the forum whether BFing could be the reason for difficulty climaxing! Does that mean it will get better when I stop BFing??? Oh dear god, please say yes

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by changethestars View Post
    Sorry OT but - Tam I Am, I recently asked somewhere on the forum whether BFing could be the reason for difficulty climaxing! Does that mean it will get better when I stop BFing??? Oh dear god, please say yes

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub
    Should do It's best to have a chat with your GP/Ob/Midwife etc though - sometimes some women sustain birth injuries that can prevent climaxing from taking place...sometimes it can be psychological after birth (Ie that it hurt so goddamned much and women become anxious at the thought of being touched in that area again, especially having anything inserted into their vaginas). In the absence of the above, though, there are things that can be done to combat vaginal dryness and tightness and lack of climaxing (ie using oestrogen based creams).

Thanks
    Reviews
    With DD mine left at about 8wks (when MS started) and just never came back but I went through the motions cause i felt bad for DH). I don't think that was a good thing though cause I resented having to do it.....Mine didn't come back until i got Af back and my hormones returned to normal about 12mths after having DD.

This time around we did IVF and the hormones from that left me without any desire again....and since we got pregnant we have only DTD once then we had a little bit of bleeding after an internal scan and that was it for me...decided no more until bubs is here.....I feel guilty and bad for DH but he can either understand or not....

This is our last bubs so hopefully I will get my drive back once bubs is here and make it up a little to DH.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jacklicky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    mine left me at 18 weeks and im now 30 weeks! I was told it would come back in the 2 nd tri but iv'e seen none of it! i feel so bad for SO, i just have no interest at all, iv'e tried getting in the mood but by the end of the day i just want nothing to do with it, i hope it comes back some time soon, i want my drive back and so does SO!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lottie 12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine left just after ovulation I'm now 38 weeks and it hasn't really returned. Although we've dtd more times in the last month than the entire pregnancy. Poor DF couldn't understand how I just 'wasn't in the mood' and thought I wasn't attracted to him any more. But luckily he finally understands (I think/hope) gosh I can't wait for the day it returns!!

Bub #1 due Feb 2012!!
    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sevven For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to start a thread asking this same question!
    My poor DH, although completely understanding, is totally missing out. I feel so very guilty. Not that we were into it ALL the time before I was preggers, but as he works away, the week he was home was quite.... sweaty!
    Now tho, I am 28w and zero drive!
    When we do tho, my belly seems to get all tight and bubby squishes itself over to one side - looks funny, but feels so odd. not sure if its protesting about the feelings or what!

Hopefully for my DH sake it somes back soon!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Country mama For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Country mama View Post
    I was going to start a thread asking this same question!
    My poor DH, although completely understanding, is totally missing out. I feel so very guilty. Not that we were into it ALL the time before I was preggers, but as he works away, the week he was home was quite.... sweaty!
    Now tho, I am 28w and zero drive!
    When we do tho, my belly seems to get all tight and bubby squishes itself over to one side - looks funny, but feels so odd. not sure if its protesting about the feelings or what!

Hopefully for my DH sake it somes back soon!!
    Orgasms cause braxton hicks contractions. It's not at all dangerous in an otherwise healthy pregnancy and, in fact, is good exercise for your uterine muscles