+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Oh where has my s*x drive gone?

Pretty much this whole pregnancy, my s*x drive has been absent. I know this can happen to women, but does it always come back? (Please say yes). And if so, when will it come back?

My poor hubby has been quite understanding about it (I think we've DTD about 10 times the whole pregnancy), but I know he is suffering. But I am just not interested at all, which is most unlike me!

So set my mind at ease please and tell me it will come back and won't be gone forever! Or things I can do to make it come back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been the same with this pregnancy!!! Poor DH! It's horrible totally not like me at all, he is also really good bout it though.
    DH feels ripped off cos with my first pregnancy I was total opposite I was up for it even more then normal haha.
    Please ppl tell us it returns as normal once baby is born!!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Winterbubs1012 For This Useful Post:

Californication  (29-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine has gone to 17w in now and only have twice. dh had been great but I can see it's starting to wear on him.

No idea on how to make it come back though, I have zero interest

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ali G For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Close friends and even the books said it would come back in the 2nd tri...I'm 33wks and absolutely nothing. They lied!!

Sent from my HTC Liberty using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine went with DS. Never came back.

DH and I don't DTD unless we are trying to make babies now. We're both okay with it though.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Shortiii For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't think it'll be gone forever.

When pregnant with my DD, I had absolutely zero sex drive from the second trimester, and very limited libido in the first.

When pregnant with DS, I needed it all. the. time. Seriously! As the pregnancy progressed I needed it more and more, sometimes up to 5 times a day hahahaha, DH misses those days!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

Californication  (29-01-2012),Country mama  (31-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It does come back. I lost mine completely while pregnant with T. It came back but only a little while I was BF'ing. Once my AF came back at around 8 months, it returned with a vengeance. Its such a pity I got UTD again so quickly, I hardly had any time to enjoy it and now its gone again!

Don't worry, it will come back at some point.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to narribri For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbubs1012 View Post
    I've been the same with this pregnancy!!! Poor DH! It's horrible totally not like me at all, he is also really good bout it though.
    DH feels ripped off cos with my first pregnancy I was total opposite I was up for it even more then normal haha.
    Please ppl tell us it returns as normal once baby is born!!!!
    This is me too. I wondered if it was the difference between a boy and girl pregnancy, but from the few replies here, obviously not!

I don't like feeling so s*xless. I normally have a higher drive than DH, but I think I hit about 10 weeks and just felt nothing. Came back for a whole 5 days at about 15 weeks, and nothing since

Quote Originally Posted by Shortiii View Post
    Mine went with DS. Never came back.

DH and I don't DTD unless we are trying to make babies now. We're both okay with it though.
    Glad you are OK with it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkzy View Post
    I don't think it'll be gone forever.

When pregnant with my DD, I had absolutely zero sex drive from the second trimester, and very limited libido in the first.

When pregnant with DS, I needed it all. the. time. Seriously! As the pregnancy progressed I needed it more and more, sometimes up to 5 times a day hahahaha, DH misses those days!
    5 times a day? Wowsers! You go Pinkzy

I'm mean as I'm not going to force myself if I don't feel it, so DH is getting nothing! Plus I've had thrush a bit, and the few times I've thought, Hmm, maybe I might be into it, the thrush has hit that day. Talk about bad timing. But I feel guilty, especially when DH says things like how he misses me, and how hot he finds my belly.

But it is good to see that for most people it does come back. Phew!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (29-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I felt pretty alone till I read this! I'm 38 weeks and I swear we haven't done anything in the last 6 months. I've spewed the whole way through which has made it sucky. We did try early on and it was agony! So my husband said not again till bubs is here. Just quietly I'm so happy he said that cause I've got zero interest. I hope that changes soon! I miss the intimacy

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs E For This Useful Post:

Californication  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    This was me, all three times. With my third baby we didn't even have sex at all. It came back after each baby so don't stress.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

Californication  (02-02-2012)