+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ah **** this thread makes me sick!!!!

No wonder I never eat takeaway In fear of getting sick.

I hope these people that do these disgusting things to food we eat get karma. What if it's a pregnant women eating the food????

Makes me angry we can't go out and enjoy take away food without these extra nasties attached to them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I bought a curry takeaway a few years ago and while eating crunched on a piece of glass. I dug through the rest of it and found 3 more. Took it back to the restaurant and they just shrugged their shoulders. I told them not only was it unacceptable but dangerous and said they needed to throw the whole pot out. They asked me to quieten down and leave the restaurant!

Years ago I got campy lobacter (sp) from eating a chicken kebab at a market stall. I was sick for 2 weeks and it was terribly painful. Gross. I've never eaten chicken from anywhere other than my home since

Thanks
    Reviews
    I knew I didn't want to open this thread!! I'll never eat take away again.

A couple of weeks ago I had pancakes with cleaning fluid. I spat it out straight away but was still sick all morning. They must have knocked some into the batter or something. I didn't take them back because I was scared I'd be accused of doing it myself but I'll never eat at that outlet ever again.

Some of these stories are horrendous. Not funny, actually dangerously unhygienic (like bodily fluids in uncooked food). I'm reminded of a KFC situation a few yrs back where a family got sick, but their little girl was actually left permanently brain damaged after contracting a nasty bacterial infection. It made the news because they were suing for a large sum.

I am making a late New Year's resolution - a whole year with no fast food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    Some of these stories are horrendous. Not funny, actually dangerously unhygienic (like bodily fluids in uncooked food). I'm reminded of a KFC situation a few yrs back where a family got sick, but their little girl was actually left permanently brain damaged after contracting a nasty bacterial infection. It made the news because they were suing for a large sum.
    were they successful? i thought it would be really hard to determine where they got food poisioning from. how horrible for them to have to go through that.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Seriously though, what if someone who is HIV+ does cum in the coleslaw or something? You can contract orally I believe. Not as easily, but still possible.

It's absolutely appalling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think this THIS is the kfc story? - not sure what happened to the lawsuit as i can't find any more up to date news stories. I remember when this first happened.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what Ive heard, KFC is the worst. I know 4 different people who have had food poisoning from 4 different KFC stores in Perth alone. Its crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    From what Ive heard, KFC is the worst. I know 4 different people who have had food poisoning from 4 different KFC stores in Perth alone. Its crazy.
    I was violently ill from KFC in about 2005. Went I went to the emergency clinic and the Dr asked me what I'd eaten in the last 24 hours and I mentioned KFC, she even named the store. Yuck!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend bit into a steak sandwich at his university cafeteria and saw half a maggot in there - the other half was in his mouth.

I got some mouldy Danish at a local bakery.

I tried to find a Victorian name and shame list for restaurants like the nsw one but can't find any... It seems the latest the Victorian government published was in 2008! :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Suddenly very glad we don't have any fast food joints down here. Yuck yuck yuck.

I am wishing I hadn't read this before breakfast though.