+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MIL got food from the local fish and chips shop. Came with a free bandaid in the burger she got. She went back up to complain, and just ask for a fresh burger and they abused her and said she much have put it in there. It was one of the blue hospitality ones, where would she have gotten that from? They were really rude and none of us have been back there since. It wouldn't have been so bad if they had apologised and replaced the food.

My ex used to work at a KFC and would tell me horror stories about cumming into the flour they use to coat the chicken.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    *shudders* Never ever eating out again after reading this thread!!!

My horror story: Bought a BBQ chicken from Coles. Went to get out some stuffing, to find that all of the organs had still been left in there, and worse they were this disgusting green colour, and so was some of the chicken meat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    SIL bit into a breast from KFC when she was staying for our wedding 4 years ago and she said she felt/heard like a popping noise and then this yellowy slim started running down her chin we called the store and the manager said "oh the chicken may have had a tumor, it happens from time to time"

From then on KFC was banned in this house and I always refer to it as Kuntucky Yucky...
    I was told that story by a girl at school and a few years later by a work colleague. Wonder how often it happens then?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep.

When I was heavily pregnant with my son, I was craving a vegetarian pizza from Domino's. So I ordered it and picked it up...when I got home, I *luckily* spotted a sharp, jagged long (5cm-ish) piece of plastic sticking out from under the cheese. There is still a picture of this on my Facebook from 2 years ago if anyone wants to go have a look.

I immediately called the store only to be completely ignored and snobbed by some young upstart, so I then wrote to the CEO. A few days later I got $100 Coles Myer gift card with an apology from the head office and then shortly after the store manager called me and profusely apologised for about an hour, no joke!! The poor man sounded like he was going to start crying any minute He then told me I could pick up my $200+ worth of free pizza/desserts/drinks etc voucher whenever I wanted and that I'd be given whatever I wanted to eat on arrival too .

In the end we found out that the piece of plastic was from a cracked lid of some pizza sauce. I was absolutely delighted at the way it was handled and no, it did not put me off pizza!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Omg, that has scared me!!!! Yuck!!!!
    Same here! Looks like I can no longer eat KFC

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jemmajam For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (24-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bellarosesmum View Post
    I worked at McDonald's many years ago and while I was there we had cockroaches that lived in the ice which we still had to serve, dead cockroaches in the milk that we still had to serve, we used 3 day old milk in the coffee machine, after the milk went over 3 days old we had to add it to the shake machine instead, our shake & sundae mix was watered down, anything that was dropped out the back was still served or cooked, we would sell meat at 7pm when it had still been cooked at lunch. There are more but I can't think of them atm.
    DH has just gone to get me a frappe. I'm thinking I might call him and tell him to forget it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Is it messed up that this thread has me craving a thickshake?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naebie For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (24-06-2013),Pinkzy  (29-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm where do I start?!

Wet n wild - a dead caterpillar in my chicken avocado baguette (realised AFTER I'd eaten half of the slug *shudders*)

Fitzys loganholme - a dead cricket in my side salad

A juice bar at sunny coast: chunks of plastic in my drink which I was sharing with my 1year old who could have easily CHOKED! Apparently from their machine

Calamvale pub restaurant: piece of metal in my garlic bread, apparently from their oven. I found it in my mouth as I was chewing as it was small. All they did was give me another bread (like I wanted it) and a free drink.

Hungry jacks: severe food poisoning from undercooked meat on a whopper

I seem to Attract this kind of stuff!!! Or it just happens WAY too often :|

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to work at Mcdonalds and we found used condoms in the playground and rest room all the time.

I once found a big chunk of plastic in my quarter pounder. At Red Rooster I ate half a burger, flipped it over and discovered the bottom bun was covered in mould. I didn't taste anything funny because I had a cold at the time. At KFC, I was once served raw chicken

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperTrooperVagiDuper View Post
    Family dinner at red rooster..... Rat inside whole chicken..... My grandmother picked it up and slammed it on the counter in front of everyone.
    LOL go granny!!!
    That's super gross though, I would have expected some damn good compensation