I've worked a McDonalds for years, and I have to say the only two real horror stories I've come across there was:
1) The guy that parked at the drive through window and demanded a free cheeseburger. He wouldnt move til he got one. So the manager snorted in one, and gave it to him. The guy drove out and walked into the store and ate it at the counter with a smug look on his face, like he won.
2) The girl whose engagement ring fell into the fryer. Without thinking she instinctually stuck her hand in the hot oil to attempt to get her ring back.
I worked at Red Rooster as a Manager for 6ish months. Many horror stories!
1)As above, anything you drop on the floor prior to cooking it, you have to use it still.
2) I wouldn't eat a chicken roll if my life depended on it, no wonder it has the highest rate of food poisoning. Its made daily, with chicken from the previous day. Then put into the fridge for rotation. It can be up to 3 days before it gets used, shelf life of 5 days before it has to be thrown out. SO the chicken in them can be about 4 days old when you eat it.
3) A lot of the managers got lazy when preparing the whole chickens and wouldnt take the guts out of the chickens before stuffing them. Yep its gross to pull them out (add in morning sickness!), but I can imagine it would be a lot worse to cut into your chicken and find a whole digesive system in there. I can NEVER eat stuffing again.
4) The fish is actually cat fish from vietnam.
5) The time I had a open to do. I walked in to find the closing manager had done NOTHING. He literally walked out the door and locked up. There was food still out, a pile of dishes as high as the roof out the back, the ovens needed cleaning. I called the area manager and he told me to do the best I could. SO I had to do a close, THEN do a open, all in 1.5 hours before the store opened. IMPOSSIBLE. My kitchen hands didnt turn up, and I couldn't find any staff to fill in. One unsuspecting manager came through drive through to get a drink (prior to store opening, not unusual) and literally hooned off when I told him what had happened and asked if he could help. Area manager told the closing manager to come in early to help me clean up HIS mess, so the moment he walked in the door I walked out and never returned.
I have no issues with eating McDonalds, its the ONLY fast food place I trust. I will NEVER EVER EVER eat Red Rooster again.