+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Natural Remedies for Warts please!!

DD has what is apparently a wart on her nose -- we were calling it her 'witch bump'

I wasn't worried for a while - thought it was a skin coloured mole to be honest (as I have quite a few on my face and it is hereditary) ...but then it developed that 'core' looking head on it...

..so took her to the GO she suggested 'mollusm-some- thing-or-other ..[don't quote me LOL] some other viral growth..but as she doesn't have any other bumps anywhere else on her body she ruled that out. Looked at it under her lighted magnifying glass and said 'wart'. So suggested Salicyic Acid based wart killer from the chemist [as icing it is a repeatitive and painful procedure for a 5 year old] ...the chemist recommended vaseline around teh area and only the wart kill stuff on the bump as it can kill healthy skin - probably not a great risk for a 5 year old face!

So I have it here in a bag - read the instructions and it says 'don't use on face'

-- so long babbling story short -----> I'm after natural remedies... I've heard of Banana skin!? [which kinda makes sense with the Salicylates found in Bananas]
    ..the GP did also suggest using micro pore tape - with nothing on it.

Any tried and tested suggestions PLEASE!!?

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've just got rid of some warts my son had on his hand, foot and one I had on my foot. I had bought some Scholl wart discs (basically sticky discs - which I've just checked - are impregnated with salicylic acid.). I found they shifted, so moved onto wartner - which you definitely can't use on the face.

Anyhoo - just as an aside - the only pimple stuff I've ever found worked on my face is salicylic acid - there's a nivea one and a clearisil one.

Since they are primarily made for facial treatments - I'd suggest a pimple stick may work as the concentration of salicylic acid must be safe for facial skin.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (29-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    A lot of people swear by using banana skin. Just tape it over the wart at night with a band aid or micro pore when your DD goes to bed.

If you could see a homeopath I would really recommend doing so. I use to get warts quite frequently when i was a kid. I ended up with a planter wart on my foot. I got some homeopathic medicine... just had to take 10 drops a day until the bottle was finished. That was about 11-12 years ago now and i've never had a wart since.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

FiveInTheBed  (29-01-2012)

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Wow - I wish I'd looked into natural remedies for warts before.

Apparently Aloe vera gel works (I use this on heaps of things), apple cider vinegar as well as the banana skin. (It says the reason the banana peel works is potassium).

This is a website I just found which looks great for a lot of stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pegasus - I have that same page open in another tab!!

Some great stuff - going to give either the banana skin or ACV a go after a bit more reading..

Thanks
    Reviews
    When we had warts as a kid mum just apinted clear nail polish on it every day and it eventually died due to no air.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would steer clear of any chemical based treatments, especially as its her face you would hate to leave her with a nasty scar. My DS has 2 planter warts on his foot and our GP was very adament about avoiding over the counter preparations as warts are a virus so will possibly return anyway. For the planter warts he suggested covering them with duct tape he said he did it with his own daughter and it worked a treat! I will be checking out the link on this thread the bananna skin sounds intersting but very safe

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was a child my mother would break off a part of an aloe vera plant and rub it onto our warts until they went away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    When I was a kid, my toes on my right foot were covered in warts. Every day my mum painted them with nail polish to suffocate them. They eventually went away and have never returned and I've never had them show up anywhere else on my body ever again.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    In the past week, I have just gotten rid of a wart I have had on my finger for the past 15 or so years (!) by using tea tree cream (I swear by the stuff for everything!)

I just rubbed liberal amounts in a couple of times a day, and it really just vanished before my eyes!