+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all i just agve birth to my 2nd daughter on th 14.08.12. i had her at norwest which is just a great place the nurses were fantastic and caring.Dr Matthew Wilson was my OB and he let the birth go the way I wanted it to. He is fantastic came in on his days off post partum. He was my ob for my first child and now my 2nd i'm slightly sad I am not having a 3rd because I would use him and the hospital again in a heartbeat. In terms of fees my antenatal management was 2300 as it was my 2nd child with him and it was something like 70 a visit but when u take that to medicare you got around 63 of that back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tracie74 For This Useful Post:

Disney  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Obstetricians at Norwest - Dr Mahmoud

Hi Everyone.

I am currently nearly 9 weeks pregnant, due in July. My husband and I have decided to deliver our bub at Norwest Private Hospital. We have met with Dr Mahmoud and liked him on our first appointment. Our only concern is that we do not know anyone who has used him and we can't find any reviews on him. Just was wondering if anyone is using him, has used him or knows of anyone who has used him? Any recommendations would be great!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Obstetricians at Norwest Private Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by 3InATub View Post
    I also never had a room with natural light. There are rooms on the inside where the view is of a sitting room where patients take their visitors, so very yuck and kept my blinds shut. So I had no natural light which was very hard to deal with. They also don't take babies anymore.
    I had one of these rooms too. It was the only down side to my stay. I was lucky enough to have my husband stay with me the whole time (first baby) so he minded bub while I showered. The nurses said they would take her on our last night if we wanted to go to dinner but we had visitors planning to come. I saw some other babies in the nursery though. Maybe they've changed again.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Naim Arrage

Hi,
    I'm a first time mum and I've got an appointment booked with Dr Naim Arrage at Norwest private. I was wondering if anyone has used him and if they could give me any feed back.

Thanx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Obstetricians at Norwest Private Hospital

Quote Originally Posted by wolf4eva View Post
    I have been reading some good things about Dr Gary Sykes and Dr Matthew Wilson - has anyone had them as their ob?? I would love it hear your comments.

I am wanting an ob who gives natural birth every chance it has before medically intervening.
    I had dr sykes but went to the san. If definatly go back to him for my 2nd (when it happens). He was very understanding and relaxed.. he can sometimes seem a little funny I found..you just have to get his sense of humour it you know what I mean.. But we both loved him and I know he now has an ultra sound thingy in his room so you can see bubs when you go in for your check ups (pretty sure I'm right there) . Maybe check out his web site. good luck and hope you find an ob you like...oh I forgot to add that I had an elective c and he was ok with that..said it was my choice and said there are risks with both ways. Was very happy with this

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mummakat For This Useful Post:

LTA  (13-05-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if this is too late but I have chosen Dr Arrage for my first bub too. I think he is AMAZING! Had a few problems with bloods from my NT scan and he called and reassured me that everything is fine. Feel free to DM if you need more info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi agree the mummakat. My ob is Dr Gary Sykes. He has a new office now in Norwest and goes to Norwest Hospital and the San. He is very friendly and caring, never rushed, interested in me and my family. Great sense of humour. He now does free 4D ultrasounds at each visit. My total out of pocket with him will be <$2,000

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hubby and I went with dr Gary Sykes from Obstetric Excellence at Bella Vista (1st baby delivered nov 2012). He was so professional, a complete gentleman, very reassuring and when it came to the delivery he was very efficient. He made me feel safe and I actually enjoyed my experience. During every appointment we had an ultrasound, I think it's called 4d, where you see the details of your baby's face etc. at no extra cost like it was at other practices I enquired at. His receptionists were the loveliest where as I had come across rude ones on my initial ring around. So glad we went with dr Sykes. We will use him again for future pregnancies.
    i have a friend who used him for her pregnancies and now her children are using him for theirs!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to erins0682 For This Useful Post:

Disney  (25-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr Cerez-Magnaye or Dr Prabhala? Has anyone had either of them as their ob?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just (November 2013) had my son at Norwest (awesome hospital by the way!!!) under the care of my amazing ob Dr Matthew Wilson! He was so fantastic and made the experience that much better!! He has a great sense of humour which is import at to me and has an amazing calming effect on a room! He made me feel safe and confident in my baby growing abilities! He also has an ultrasound machine (even 3d) in his room so it was great to see bubs at each appointment! I can't wait for him to deliver my next baby.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Disney For This Useful Post:

KellyMac  (12-01-2014),nki  (28-12-2013),peanuts1982  (27-01-2014)