+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1
    Reviews
    0
    hi i am currently a pt of matthew wilson due in August. After I read this comment I aske3d him if he was moving last week.I can assure you he said no and laughed at the comment. He is really a nice friendly man who has the time for you

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all I was wondering if there are anymore recent reviews of norwest private? I'm trying to toss up between there and the San. I live half way between the two.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    105
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    [text removed by a Moderator]
    I gave birth to my beautiful bubba boy in March and the midwife was fantastic, so reassuring (especially as my birth was quite traumatic...not anything to do with the hospital or midwives...just a very large bub who got stuck.)
    Will definitely be going back to Norwest for my second.
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 24-08-2012 at 13:05. Reason: Not necessary.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charliechops View Post

    Will definitely be going back to Norwest for my second.
    Charliechops I'm sorry to hear your birth was traumatic! What are the facilities like at norwest? Especially their delivery suites?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    815
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked
    129
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had my first 2 babies at The San and absolutely loved it! I had my 3rd at Norwest Private and wished I went back to The San. The nurses seemed ok, I had one that was really nice and one that seemed quite rude and very matronly type. It just didn't feel like they were interested. Just want to add that I am a pretty low maintenance patient. The nursery where you breastfeed was quite small and had a sign up that if fathers are seated, then they are to vacate them for nursing mothers if no other seat was available. On 3 occassions I went there and it was full of bot'h mums and dads sitting down. The nurses never said anything and all parties remained seated. I waited once for about 15 minutes and ended up going back to my room. Yes I could've asked them to move, but I did feel rude to do this?!? I also never had a room with natural light. There are rooms on the inside where the view is of a sitting room where patients take their visitors, so very yuck and kept my blinds shut. So I had no natural light which was very hard to deal with. They also don't take babies anymore. I had to wait for family to come to have a shower. At The San, they take the bubbas so I could shower knowing they were ok.... The food at both places was really nice. Overall, the staff at The San were amazing. I had no unpleasant thoughts AT ALL about The San. I am very disappointed to finish off my family with the experience I had at Norwest Private knowing the wonderful experiences I had with both other children at The San.

    With all this said, everyone has different expectations and experiences. You might truly love Norwest Private.... Straight out though, I would recommend The San hands down!

    Good luck...

    ETA All my children have been born in the last 6 years and my birth at Norwest was June 2011. A brand new Maternity Wing opened up again in March 2011 at Norwest. Even though the hospital was brand new in September 2009, they underestimated how big the Maternity Wing needed to be, hence the brand new wing which opened in March 2011.
    Last edited by 3InATub; 24-08-2012 at 12:29.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0

    Default Dr Chua vs Dr Bell

    Hi everyone. I am new to this forum having just found out I am pregant!


    I am very confused about what dr would be best to use. Having rrecently taken up PHI I would ideally like to have my baby at my local hospital - Norwest Private.

    My hubby is not convinced that private is the best option espcaily when our waiting period is not up until I am 34 weeks.

    However I would really like Norwest and have decided that's the way we will go. I am now in need of a dr and have read a few reviews on here. ( everyone is so helpful!) I would like to find a dr that has good reviews and won't break my budget. I know I can't put a price on by health/ baby and comfort however I would like to find a dr with a 'cheaper' PMF.

    I am wondering if anyone can tell me who they reccommend and what approx fes were. At this stage I am tossing up between Dr Seng Chua and Dr Peter Bell but can change.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3InATub View Post
    I had my first 2 babies at The San and absolutely loved it! I had my 3rd at Norwest Private and wished I went back to The San. The nurses seemed ok, I had one that was really nice and one that seemed quite rude and very matronly type. It just didn't feel like they were interested. Just want to add that I am a pretty low maintenance patient. The nursery where you breastfeed was quite small and had a sign up that if fathers are seated, then they are to vacate them for nursing mothers if no other seat was available. On 3 occassions I went there and it was full of bot'h mums and dads sitting down. The nurses never said anything and all parties remained seated. I waited once for about 15 minutes and ended up going back to my room. Yes I could've asked them to move, but I did feel rude to do this?!? I also never had a room with natural light. There are rooms on the inside where the view is of a sitting room where patients take their visitors, so very yuck and kept my blinds shut. So I had no natural light which was very hard to deal with. They also don't take babies anymore. I had to wait for family to come to have a shower. At The San, they take the bubbas so I could shower knowing they were ok.... The food at both places was really nice. Overall, the staff at The San were amazing. I had no unpleasant thoughts AT ALL about The San. I am very disappointed to finish off my family with the experience I had at Norwest Private knowing the wonderful experiences I had with both other children at The San.

    With all this said, everyone has different expectations and experiences. You might truly love Norwest Private.... Straight out though, I would recommend The San hands down!

    Good luck...

    ETA All my children have been born in the last 6 years and my birth at Norwest was June 2011. A brand new Maternity Wing opened up again in March 2011 at Norwest. Even though the hospital was brand new in September 2009, they underestimated how big the Maternity Wing needed to be, hence the brand new wing which opened in March 2011.
    Thanks so much for your thoughts!! That's horrible about the no natural light I would go crazy!! And I can't believe they won't take the baby so you can have a shower that seems a little insane to me!! Again thanks for responding!!!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    938
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    199
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kridge View Post
    Hi everyone. I am new to this forum having just found out I am pregant!


    I am very confused about what dr would be best to use. Having rrecently taken up PHI I would ideally like to have my baby at my local hospital - Norwest Private.

    My hubby is not convinced that private is the best option espcaily when our waiting period is not up until I am 34 weeks.

    However I would really like Norwest and have decided that's the way we will go. I am now in need of a dr and have read a few reviews on here. ( everyone is so helpful!) I would like to find a dr that has good reviews and won't break my budget. I know I can't put a price on by health/ baby and comfort however I would like to find a dr with a 'cheaper' PMF.

    I am wondering if anyone can tell me who they reccommend and what approx fes were. At this stage I am tossing up between Dr Seng Chua and Dr Peter Bell but can change.

    Thanks in advance for your help!
    Congrats on your exciting news!! I have heard nothing but rave reviews about dr Peter bell and also dr Matthew Wilson ( I think those two doctors are the cheaper ones in the hills). You can give both doctors practices a call and they will give you the full outline of their fees. A good friend of mine just had her baby with dr Wilson and said that it was really reasonable. Off the top of my head the management fee was $2500 I think and she said at the end (when she was seeing him weekly) it was $7 a visit?!?!

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Entrance North NSW
    Posts
    450
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0

    Default Obstetricians at Norwest Private Hospital

    I had a baby on Monday with Dr Wilson. He was AMAZING. He will be delivering any babies that I have in the future. Totally worth the drive from the central coast.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to KellyMac For This Useful Post:

    Disney  (08-10-2012)

  11. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The Entrance North NSW
    Posts
    450
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0

    Default Obstetricians at Norwest Private Hospital

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    I have heard nothing but rave reviews about dr Peter bell and also dr Matthew Wilson ( I think those two doctors are the cheaper ones in the hills). You can give both doctors practices a call and they will give you the full outline of their fees.
    Off the top of my head the management fee was $2500 I think and she said at the end (when she was seeing him weekly) it was $7 a visit?!?!
    FYI dr bell and Wilson are at the same practice. Dr Wilson is $2800 for first bub with him $2500 after that. Visits after 22w are $70 with $63 back from Medicare.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to KellyMac For This Useful Post:

    Disney  (03-02-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Recommendations for private hospitals and obstetricians in Brisbane?
    By bjc03 in forum Seeking a Maternity Hospital
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20-11-2012, 06:00
  2. private hospital closed maternity unit so how does private work in public hospital?
    By millsmum in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 14:44
  3. Gelngarry Private Hospital VS Joondalup Hospital - Private
    By Aisha1810 in forum Seeking a Maternity Hospital
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29-12-2011, 22:50

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Life Fertility
Life Fertility Clinic is a boutique fertility clinic located in Spring Hill, Brisbane. Our dedicated fertility and IVF specialists offer professional, holistic, personalised options for the treatment of each patient’s specific needs.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!