+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Obstetricians at Norwest Private Hospital

Hi there, just wanting to know if anyone can recommend an obstetrician at Norwest Private Hopsital and also what they think of the hospital??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    u mean norwest at bella vista?

yes i had DS 20 months ago there....hospital was good, staff were good. the ONLY issue i had was the nursery where u BF was quite small and apparently there were plans to extend this..i know they have "reversed" the labour suites to the room suites to when i was there last so maybe its bigger now???? dont know. they have a policy where u are meant to BF in the nursey once each nursing shift which was probably my only mini gripe as sometimes it was a bit packed in there...not that it really bothered me but i will do what i want this time hehhee....

i see Chris Saadie at Castle Hill and can recommend him....he is a very quiet doc, but he is very very calm and professional...im seeing him again now for #2 and had no hesitation going back. i ended up with a c section last time which i was told could happen but he was very good (way better than my friends ob who never once checked up her clacker the whole pg so he had NO idea what was going on up there LOL).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jfblady72 View Post
    u mean norwest at bella vista?

yes i had DS 20 months ago there....hospital was good, staff were good. the ONLY issue i had was the nursery where u BF was quite small and apparently there were plans to extend this..i know they have "reversed" the labour suites to the room suites to when i was there last so maybe its bigger now???? dont know. they have a policy where u are meant to BF in the nursey once each nursing shift which was probably my only mini gripe as sometimes it was a bit packed in there...not that it really bothered me but i will do what i want this time hehhee....

i see Chris Saadie at Castle Hill and can recommend him....he is a very quiet doc, but he is very very calm and professional...im seeing him again now for #2 and had no hesitation going back. i ended up with a c section last time which i was told could happen but he was very good (way better than my friends ob who never once checked up her clacker the whole pg so he had NO idea what was going on up there LOL).

Thanks so much for your response! The BF'ing in the nursery does seem a little annoying. I had my first bub at Nepean Private and there wasn't anything like that. Just got to BF in your room in private - which I liked.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Gary Sykes & Dr Matthew Wilson ?? Has anyone had them as their ob?

I have been reading some good things about Dr Gary Sykes and Dr Matthew Wilson - has anyone had them as their ob?? I would love it hear your comments.

I am wanting an ob who gives natural birth every chance it has before medically intervening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I go to Dr Seng Chua, and between my sister and I we have referred a dozen people!!!

He is fantastic, and spends time with his patients. He never rushes you (makes him run late sometimes) but he always gives you as much time as you need. Answers his mobile I'd you ever need him (I rang him at 6am after 48 hours awake and in labour) he's just a fantastic guy.

He is at Norwest and Westmead Private. Norwest is closer to me but I chose Westmead for their experience and I preferred the facilities.

**** I can spell, honestly! It's my iPhone's fault ****

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and in the 16 births of people I know that went to Seng, there has only been 1 induction and 1 c-section (same birth). The rest of us all went naturally.

**** I can spell, honestly! It's my iPhone's fault ****

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf4eva View Post
    I have been reading some good things about Dr Gary Sykes and Dr Matthew Wilson - has anyone had them as their ob?? I would love it hear your comments.

I am wanting an ob who gives natural birth every chance it has before medically intervening.
    I see Dr Wilson. He's the best!! I'm devastated that he won't be able to see me through my pregnancy because I'm moving out of Sydney. I've been seeing him for over a year now (he's a FS too) and cannot fault him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You may also want to consider Dr. Hardas. He came highly recommend to me and after just 1 appointment with him I can see why.

Short and sweet because I sent this from my iPhone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would highly recommend dr matthew wilson he is the best. He delivered my first child 2 yrs ago and is now once again my OB for this pregnancy. He cares he takes the time to talk to you and explain in un medical terms.seriously give him a go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tracie74 View Post
    I would highly recommend dr matthew wilson he is the best. He delivered my first child 2 yrs ago and is now once again my OB for this pregnancy. He cares he takes the time to talk to you and explain in un medical terms.seriously give him a go
    Agreed! I'm moving to the entrance but have decided to stay with dr Wilson and have the baby in Sydney.