+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm still having tiny spots here and there and have a bit of discomfort too I am wondering though, if that could be from the u/s? Had it the day before yesterday and because I hadn't drank enough water, the u/s tech pushed REALLY hard to get bub on screen- it was quite uncomfortable and hurt but she assured me that was ok? Do you think this could explain it or am I facing the worst case scenario?

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Irinko View Post
    oh thank you for the reply!
    Yes, I"m thinking about that too - definitely better be safe than sorry! Do you know if any hospital emergency can do that, or it should be special maternity one?
    I'm trying to figure out if there is a such special maternity emergency place in Sydney South, but it seems to be a great secret, google doesn't know((
    I am not sure for Sydney - we have a womens hospital here in Perth. Ring the ER of your local hospital and ask them if they do ultrasounds. Explain your concerns to them and they may be able to point you in the right direction. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I'm still having tiny spots here and there and have a bit of discomfort too I am wondering though, if that could be from the u/s? Had it the day before yesterday and because I hadn't drank enough water, the u/s tech pushed REALLY hard to get bub on screen- it was quite uncomfortable and hurt but she assured me that was ok? Do you think this could explain it or am I facing the worst case scenario?
    Was it an internal or external ultrasound? They do tend to push hard when they do u/s - sometimes I feel like there should be an indentation mark from the pressure! I wouldnt stress too much. If you start to bleed and experience pain then most certainly get yourself checked out but if you have just had a scan confirming that bub is alive and well then I wouldnt worry too much. I know it doesnt ease the worry - I was consumed with worry (and still am sometimes) but I have learnt that what will be will be and that spotting for me is a common occurrence in my pregnancy - my Ob is not worried and bubs is growing and healthy so it is something I have to accept. Good luck! Have you thought about ringing the place you had the ultrasound and explaining to them the scenario you are currently experiencing? They may be able to put your mind at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know its really hard not to stress and if you are worried you should probably call your GP or OB, but I don't think you should be too concerned about 'worst case scenario'. Its *probably* just normal spotting still, and the discomfort could be anything from normal niggles and pains from pregnancy (unassociated with the spotting) or from the pressure of the scan, or from the constipation etc.

Like PP said, for *me* spotting, gushing, clotting and crapming is *normal* for MY pregnancies, I expected and wasn't surpised at all when I started bleeding with my DD pregnancy at 6 weeks. But everyone and every pregnancy is different and its a rare few who don't have some form of spotting or discomfort.

If it would put your mind at ease you should see your GP who may book a scan just to check bub

Irinko - you should see your GP for a referral to U/S if you are concerned. I wouldn't suggest go to Emergency because you will probably have to wait for AGES because spotting is not considered an emergency so they will leave you waiting while they see to all the other ppl needing assistance more. You could also call the 1300 HEALTH or whatever your number is depending on your state and they will advise you over the phone as to what the best thing to do it (in QLD you speak to actual nurses which is very helpful. I think there is also a specific pregnancy hotline but not sure if that is nationwide or just QLD.)

for both of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for all your advice and reassurance ladies

Irinko- you CAN go to hosp- I did. Emergency has to triage you and fastrack you for any bleeding when preg now due to bad press from ladies miscarrying in waiting rooms and public toilets (info received from RN's at Bankstown and Sutherland Hospys)

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow - thank you for the info!

Sutherland is the closest to me, i'll see today and probably will go there later today, or to the RPA tomorrow as I'll be near there and there is maternity ward there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, just think I must to write here and urge others.
    I went to the emergency, they did blood test and U/s and it turns I'm not pregnant any more
    I didn't notice anything uncomfortable all over this 8 weeks - no pain, no cramps - nothing but those tiny brown spots for couple of weeks...

Will not try to describe my feelings, and just hope I'll be back here soon with good news again!

What I've learned - if I have a gut feeling about something's going wrong - better go and check even if there is no any serious reasons at all.
    At least I could get that at early stage

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to the emergency, they did blood test and U/s and it turns I'm not pregnant any more
    I didn't notice anything uncomfortable all over this 8 weeks - no pain, no cramps - nothing but those tiny brown spots for couple of weeks...

Will not try to describe my feelings, and just hope I'll be back here soon with good news again!

What I've learned - if I have a gut feeling about something's going wrong - better go and check even if there is no any serious reasons at all.
    I was wondering how you went Irinko. So sorry to hear this. I truly hope you will back very soon with the good news that you are pregnant again. I am glad you went and got it all checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews

So sorry to hear it I'm glad you went and got checked out but sad it ended this way. (((hugs)))

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still spotting 1-2 times a day when wiping, no pain but still having bad ms and sore boobs so hoping that means all is ok.