+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy2579 View Post
    * spotting not spitting lol. Stupid iPhone!!!! Haha

Sent from Mel's iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Hahaha dyac!!

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have had spotting on and off since 8 weeks. I am 15 weeks now and my last bout of spotting was on Wednesday. My Ob is not concerned - he said it is quite common in IVF pregnancies - which mine is - and only to be concerned if it changes colour and comes with pain. I havent DTD since finding out I'm pregnant with hubby - he is fine with it - I am a high risk pregnancy as it is so dont want to do ANYTHING that may cause a bleed. Plus I have had bad experience on previous miscarriages when we have DTD and then miscarried - not related but still it has made me err on the side of caution. Seeing bub and hearing the heartbeat is always reassuring after spotting. Good luck with your pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you had any irritating bowl symptoms? When I get diarrhea and when I had gastro I spot a little bit the doc says its just my bowls irritating the cervix/uterus. At 12 weeks now and so far so good.

Expecting our first on the 14th of August..

Sent from IPhone using Bubhub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well no not in that sense, more the opposite- constipation! Maybe that contributed?

And yes I'm holding off from DTD for a few weeks just in case. But with the ms I've been having that shouldn't be difficult!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think you need to hold off on DTD (but a good excuse if u want to use it!), if its just spotting. If it was gushes and cramping I would hold off as DTD and orgasm can be irritating to uterus and cervix.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also spotted throughout me first trimester. It was discovered during ultasound that I had a small clot which is normal and passes as the placenta develops and lifts. I did avoid doing the deed and am now 18 weeks and we r now cautiously and gently back in action.

The same occurred with my dd who is now a very bright and beautiful three and a half year old.

I have to say that I to date have had five scans to check bub is fine...next one due on the 10th feb. if you want reassurance go to the a&e department and request one.

Good luck for a positive outcome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Constipation could do it, being overly full and unable to release could put pressure on uterus. Would make sense to be a cause since they're really close to each other in first trimester. Just keep an eye on it and don't do anything strenuous just incase. Obviously see a doctor about it just incase but it's probably just something simple so don't stress if there's any pain that doesn't get relieved by going to the toilet then go to the hospital. But hopefully you'll be fine

Expecting our first on the 14th of August..

Sent from IPhone using Bubhub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies,
    sorry for the stupid question
    That's my first pregnancy and I'm not exactly sure yet where to go and when

I've got spotting also - a tiny brown traces every couple of days from week 6 I think...I'm at week 10th now.

I saw my GP at week 6, did the blood test and she reffered me to NT scan at 12 weeks, which I booked. But that's on 20th of Feb. GP told me that if that's just little brownish, then it's nothing to worry about...

Also my first antenatal app with ob is not booked yet, they are about to send me the app date via mail...

But I really worry about those brown spottings, do I need to get a ref from the GP for the u/s check, or I can just pop into the local hospital and ask for u/s?
    Should I go to the emergency, or just regular reception?
    I know I sound pretty stupid, but I never did that and have no idea how it happens)
    Is it bulk billed?

Or better not to worry, relax and wait till 12 weeks scan? (3 more weeks of stress((

No pain, no cramps, just a bit of brown spotting - how dangerous it could be?

mostly in Perth but sometimes away with the fairies
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Irinko View Post
    Hey ladies,
    sorry for the stupid question
    That's my first pregnancy and I'm not exactly sure yet where to go and when

I've got spotting also - a tiny brown traces every couple of days from week 6 I think...I'm at week 10th now.

I saw my GP at week 6, did the blood test and she reffered me to NT scan at 12 weeks, which I booked. But that's on 20th of Feb. GP told me that if that's just little brownish, then it's nothing to worry about...

Also my first antenatal app with ob is not booked yet, they are about to send me the app date via mail...

But I really worry about those brown spottings, do I need to get a ref from the GP for the u/s check, or I can just pop into the local hospital and ask for u/s?
    Should I go to the emergency, or just regular reception?
    I know I sound pretty stupid, but I never did that and have no idea how it happens)
    Is it bulk billed?

Or better not to worry, relax and wait till 12 weeks scan? (3 more weeks of stress((

No pain, no cramps, just a bit of brown spotting - how dangerous it could be?
    Hi Irinko, if it is worrying you then definitely go and get a scan - you can either obtain a referral through your GP and go to an ultrasound place which you will pay for or you can go to the public womens hospital to the emergency department and get a scan done for free. Doctors only tend to worry if it is accompanied by pain and or changes colour and there is more of it. 3 weeks is a long time to wait if you are stressing so personally I would get a scan done for peace of mind.

I am on metamucil due to having a terrible time with constipation and this has worked wonders. I often wonder if my constipation attributed to the spotting I had as you are not supposed to strain - TMI I know.

Good luck and go get a scan if it is really worrying you. Let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh thank you for the reply!
    Yes, I"m thinking about that too - definitely better be safe than sorry! Do you know if any hospital emergency can do that, or it should be special maternity one?
    I'm trying to figure out if there is a such special maternity emergency place in Sydney South, but it seems to be a great secret, google doesn't know((