+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Talking TTC with pcos is so frustrating!

Hi im new here and just looking for some positive stories for motivation.

Im 25 years old and have was diagnosed with pcos about 10 months ago, only after making a futile effort to concieve. My doc started me on 1000mg metformin daily to help with my insulin resistance so that I could loose weight and hopefully ovulate on my own. Well the weight loss thing is a massive uphill battle took me 6 months to loose 5kgs and I was doing all the right things eating right working so hard at the gym and I wasnt getting anywhere so she told me to try a course of duromine which I am currently 1 week into and yay 1.5kgs gone .

it is so frustrating having pcos I feel like I am constantly at war with myself! Im beggining to get really disheartened lately cause I thought it would have happened by now. My family and friends are having babies and I try to be happy for them but inside im screaming especially for the ones who take it for granted!

So I invite you to share your experiences with me or even come and vent as I have sometimes it can really help to have somone to talk to who knows exactly what your going through.

Good luck and baby dust to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hannah. Ive got pcos too - and i know how frustrating it is! While i have lean pcos, the fact that i dont ovulate at all is so frustrating to know that we are not even in the race! I hope your stay here is short and sweet - good luck with losing your weight - while its frustrating - may i suggest boxing as exercise? You can smash away your frustrations at the same time as work out! I used to picture whoever /whatever was frustrating me and would smack the crap out of the bag - pretending it was that person / thing! Best therapy ever!! Thinking i might need a session this week - another one of my good friends announced this week she is preggers with her second baby... All my friends are up to their 2nd and third, while i dont have the first one yet!! Aarrgghh!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Hannah,

I also have PCOS, i was diagnosed and 18 (now 30)and at that time there wasnt too much info around about it. We tried to conceive for around 8.5 years before i seen a doctor who told me to cut out all white foods, bread, sugars carbs etc and to loose 12% of my body weight. I tried what he said and like you it was a bugger to shed the weight but we had tried to conceive for so long that i was willing to give anything a shot. Also he told me to try something called VITEX (available at the healthfood shops). I tried that and my period came back! 6 months later (after weight loss and vitex) we were pregnant. We now have a beautiful healthy, naturally conceived 10 month old son. I know my story isnt like everyone else but dont feel so disheartened. After waiting 9.5 years for our baby its well worth it and the learning journey and the strength you learn to have is well worth it (youll also need that strength for when bub does come along, lol). When your body is ready it will happen.

It does suck though watching everyone else have baby after baby and you still dont have your own. I remember that feeling very well and i also remember the anger and jealousy i carried.

I wish you the best of luck with loosing weight and also i wish you the best on conceiving your little princess or prince. Loads and Loads of baby dust to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow thank you all for your stories, im definately gonna try the boxing hah thanks shakles! Wishing on a star and jackliveshere yout stories are very inspirational. I hope I only have a short wait (im quite impatient!). But im not gonna give up hope! I am actually ttc #2 I was very fortunate to "accidentally" fall pregnant when I was 19 and my son is now almost 5, this was after loosing a lot of weight. My doctor seems to think that the key is to recreate that and loose it all again. But its a hell of a lot harder this time round. I think I may actually be getting somewhere though, since being on the metformin a while my cycles have regulated and are reducing in length, plus I actually ovulated a couple days ago for the first time in about 10 months! Yay!

I really do get down sometimes though and just want to give up and think maybe I should be grateful to have one at least. I guess I never really realised how much having a family ment to me until it became threatened. I just get a bit overwhelmed sometimes.

Good luck to you all especially you shakles hopefully #1 isnt far away!