+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    My address is not shown on the roll and never will again because of my ex and Dv. It was easy to get. Just had to put down why and what would happen if he found us after he got out of jail.
    I don't think i would be put on a silent roll. The person i'm most concerned about, i got the DVO against 8 years ago now. So it's obviously long expired. I've done what i can to make sure he is unable to track me down. So because there haven't actually been any reason incidences i don't think they would grant my wish to be on the silent roll.

I've had another DVO against another ex a few years back so expired as well. I'm less concerned about him. He's probably the less psychotic of the 2 but i would still prefer he weren't able to find me.

I've got an abusive mother and a rather psychotic father who i don't want knowing my where abouts either. No documented proof though.

From what i've been told, the fact that i have no solid proof that these people knowing my address could potentially put myself and children at risk means i would never get on the silent roll.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not breaking any laws by not enrolling?
    Last edited by Mod-pegasus; 29-01-2012 at 15:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I used to work for a legal office and part of my job was to look up people's addresses so we could contact them regarding a deceased family member's Will.

I would just walk in, say I was there for work and was given free reign to the computers. I'm not sure if things have changed but it was certainly pretty easy back then, I didn't require ID or anything else at all. That was about 8 years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Benji View Post
    I used to work for a legal office and part of my job was to look up people's addresses so we could contact them regarding a deceased family member's Will.

I would just walk in, say I was there for work and was given free reign to the computers. I'm not sure if things have changed but it was certainly pretty easy back then, I didn't require ID or anything else at all. That was about 8 years ago.
    OT but did you only contact if they were named as beneficiaries or all family members?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not sure if this has been said cause I haven't read the whole thread but... For those of you who Didn't know that anyone could view the Electoral Roll....

Did you read the form to Enroll to vote before you signed it? from memory it says on there that the Electoral roll is publicly available and you can chose the option to be a Silent voter from Enrollment. However if you don't chose it originally and you go to change it that can be hard.

I tried without having Evidence of a Stalker by saying I was the only person in the country with my name (which they confirmed) and was told I would need an AVO against the person before I could change it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I don't think i would be put on a silent roll. The person i'm most concerned about, i got the DVO against 8 years ago now. So it's obviously long expired. I've done what i can to make sure he is unable to track me down. So because there haven't actually been any reason incidences i don't think they would grant my wish to be on the silent roll.

I've had another DVO against another ex a few years back so expired as well. I'm less concerned about him. He's probably the less psychotic of the 2 but i would still prefer he weren't able to find me.

I've got an abusive mother and a rather psychotic father who i don't want knowing my where abouts either. No documented proof though.

From what i've been told, the fact that i have no solid proof that these people knowing my address could potentially put myself and children at risk means i would never get on the silent roll.

I haven't seen my ex since 2005 I updated my info end of last year they made it silent again. I can't see why they wouldn't do the same for you.

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Is voting compulsory?

Yes, voting is compulsory for every Australian citizen aged 18 years or older. If you do not vote and do not have a valid and sufficient reason for failing to vote, a penalty is imposed. For further information see Compulsory Voting.
    This is from the AEC website.

Threads like these are good for alerting members to things they perhaps didn't know like that by law all Australian citizens are required to be enrolled to vote and then to actually vote once enrolled.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mod-pegasus For This Useful Post:

*Cj*  (29-01-2012),laurea  (03-02-2012),MissMuppet  (29-01-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Witwicky; 29-01-2012 at 16:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I haven't seen my ex since 2005 I updated my info end of last year they made it silent again. I can't see why they wouldn't do the same for you.
    Thats good to know. I'm still reluctant to try in case its rejected though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I'm not breaking any laws by not enrolling?
    I thought you could get fined as it's compulsary to vote if you are 18 and over??