+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Need snack ideas for 14 month old

Hopefully I can get some ideas off everyone for some snack ideas for 14 month old - she eats anything and everything not fussy at all.

I am a bit lost for options and especially snacks for out and about. Sometime I give her the Heinz/ Rafferty fruit bars etc but was doing a little research and some have the natural additive in them 160b which I don't really want to give my child now.

Any suggestions please or what do you give for snacks out and about at this age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If i don't take any home made food I have a few good ones 15 month old DS has been eating for months, all 3 are great to keep in your bag or I just take a whole apple or banana

Little Bellies organic muesli choo chews : berry and apple, little mini muesli bars with no additives/preservatives at all, I get them from my organic shop but my SIL found them at woolies

Happy baby organic puffs: brilliant , come in apple or banana or sweet potato or spinach, they look like little cereal bits but are mainly made with organic rice and added vitamins and 1 serving contains 10% of their daily protein, iron, calcium, vit b12 and C! And they are additive and preservative free! Again I get them from my organic shop and my local IGA also gets them in for me, I put them in his pram tray when we go out!

Heinz organic apple mini rice cakes
    Also additive and preservative free and these are from Coles or Woolies

It is really hard to find additive/preservative free snacks for kids but these are the best 3 I've found! I also make mini carrot and walnut protein balls or take quinoa cruskits and almond nut butter if I'm going somewhere for a while and he gets hungry ( which is always !)
    Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    If i don't take any home made food I have a few good ones 15 month old DS has been eating for months, all 3 are great to keep in your bag or I just take a whole apple or banana

Little Bellies organic muesli choo chews : berry and apple, little mini muesli bars with no additives/preservatives at all, I get them from my organic shop but my SIL found them at woolies

Happy baby organic puffs: brilliant , come in apple or banana or sweet potato or spinach, they look like little cereal bits but are mainly made with organic rice and added vitamins and 1 serving contains 10% of their daily protein, iron, calcium, vit b12 and C! And they are additive and preservative free! Again I get them from my organic shop and my local IGA also gets them in for me, I put them in his pram tray when we go out!

Heinz organic apple mini rice cakes
    Also additive and preservative free and these are from Coles or Woolies

It is really hard to find additive/preservative free snacks for kids but these are the best 3 I've found! I also make mini carrot and walnut protein balls or take quinoa cruskits and almond nut butter if I'm going somewhere for a while and he gets hungry ( which is always !)
    Hope that helps!
    Thankyou! Unfortunatey there are no organic shops near me but I do use the organic rice cakes.
    Alot of things state additive free but still contain the 160b as it is classed as a "natural additive"
    Do you mind sharing your protein ball receipe please?
    Thankyou again, I might have to search on the Internet for some little mini muffin ideas or something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I give DS mini muffins, puffed corn, sultanas, rice crackers, bits of cheese.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe try online as some organic shops deliver? All those items don't contain any natural additives at all, it's been hard finding them! 160 or annato is in most packaged food and it's so unfortunate this country is so badly regulated when it comes to labeling and what they allow in our food! I also make zucchini slice in mini muffin tins which are great to take out

Protein balls; ( makes about 20)
    Mix all together , roll into balls and bake in oven for 15 mins at 180, they freeze really well too!
    5 carrots, steamed or boiled mashed
    100g almond meal
    200g organic oatmeal
    100g lsa meal
    2 tablespoons of honey or agave syrup
    1/3 cup ground walnuts
    Teaspoon of flaxseed oil
    Teaspoon chia seeds

Each ball had about 4g protein which is about 25% of their daily needs plus good fibre , lots if vitamin a and small amounts of iron and calcium!
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 29-01-2012 at 08:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Maybe try online as some organic shops deliver? All those items don't contain any natural additives at all, it's been hard finding them! 160 or annato is in most packaged food and it's so unfortunate this country is so badly regulated when it comes to labeling and what they allow in our food! I also make zucchini slice in mini muffin tins which are great to take out

Protein balls; ( makes about 20)
    Mix all together , roll into balls and bake in oven for 15 mins at 180, they freeze really well too!
    5 carrots, steamed or boiled mashed
    100g almond meal
    200g organic oatmeal
    100g lsa meal
    2 tablespoons of honey or agave syrup
    1/3 cup ground walnuts
    Teaspoon of flaxseed oil
    Teaspoon chia seeds

Each ball had about 4g protein which is about 25% of their daily needs plus good fibre , lots if vitamin a and small amounts of iron and calcium!
    Yes agreed I am going through everything and getting rid of it. Even found it in the yogurt.
    Greet thanks for the receipe I am going to search on line for some more too and maybe make savoury muffins etc. Will stick to homage snacks and cheese/rice cakes and fruit when out and about