+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you all has such great ideas. This is one thing that terrifies me. I have years yet to really worry about it but it's so good to hear your responses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We don't have age restrictions in our house. When I feel like my boys are responsible enough, then they will have monitered social network/email accounts. When they prove they can responsibly use their accounts in an appropriate manner, (16+ish) then I wont be so hard on them. As for mobile phones, I know 3yr old's that have their own phones already! Again, it comes down to maturity and responsibilty, when they earn that, I wont mind them having that freedom.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersInstinct View Post
    We don't have age restrictions in our house. When I feel like my boys are responsible enough, then they will have monitered social network/email accounts. When they prove they can responsibly use their accounts in an appropriate manner, (16+ish) then I wont be so hard on them. As for mobile phones, I know 3yr old's that have their own phones already! Again, it comes down to maturity and responsibilty, when they earn that, I wont mind them having that freedom.
    I've always maintained this viewpoint as well regarding restrictions...I think my 14 year old step-brother has tainted it However, you make an excellent point regarding monitoring. His Mother doesn't monitor it at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have minimum ages, then re-assess when it comes to that. Yes, I am mean. No, I do not care that people hand out that label so quick around here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My kids won't ever be allowed a Facebook account. Maybe I will change my mind later but I doubt it. I did start allowing my son to play mooshi monsters etc but he wanted to be on the computer morning, noon and night so I put my foot down and he no longer uses the computer. If they ever needed to use email that's what our family email account is for. But I don't see how a child needs email anyway. As for mobiles, I have already told my eldest when he is 16. He has told me there are one or two kids in his class have mobiles and Facebook accounts and it makes me cringe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansMummy View Post
    My kids won't ever be allowed a Facebook account. Maybe I will change my mind later but I doubt it. I did start allowing my son to play mooshi monsters etc but he wanted to be on the computer morning, noon and night so I put my foot down and he no longer uses the computer. If they ever needed to use email that's what our family email account is for. But I don't see how a child needs email anyway. As for mobiles, I have already told my eldest when he is 16. He has told me there are one or two kids in his class have mobiles and Facebook accounts and it makes me cringe.
    Some schools allocate an email address for kids, thst's why dd has one at 8.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ds is 10 and he has an email account. He has asked for a fb account but as he is not yet 13 the answer is no. I haven't decided yet about a mobile phone .

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I dont wanna think about it!

Never!!