+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you so much ladies. I really wanted to try so I'm happy to hear lots of positive outcomes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaNurture View Post
    I'm a GG or H cup and I'm feeding fine!! Relatives come out with all sorts of odd things. Everytime my Nana sees me feed she spends the whole time panicking that DD is being smothered, and then hovers around me with a wrap trying to cover me up so 'people can't see how big they are'. She's so good for the self esteem!!!!

https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-...ns–mum/large
    I havent read all the replies but I just read the article linked here and one thing stood out

"If your baby falls asleep on your lap and you want to put him into a cot, you can stand up, place baby still attached into bed, wait another minute whilst still leaning over the cot to allow baby to settle again, detach baby, and off you go!"

This is so true! I do this all the time as I am a FF....one advantage of the bigger boob....it really does hang down!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle_N View Post
    I havent read all the replies but I just read the article linked here and one thing stood out

"If your baby falls asleep on your lap and you want to put him into a cot, you can stand up, place baby still attached into bed, wait another minute whilst still leaning over the cot to allow baby to settle again, detach baby, and off you go!"

This is so true! I do this all the time as I am a FF....one advantage of the bigger boob....it really does hang down!
    I've been known to do that too, only it's a LOT harder when you're only a D cup

As for the OP, there is no such thing as breasts too large to breastfeed with, but it can make getting bub to latch a little more difficult and finding a comfy position to feed in can be a little harder.

There are products on the market such as the Booby Booster to help ease things a little

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one here 12G/H. Goodluck for a smooth bf experience. It really is amazing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep I'm a 12 g/h here too. BFing 12mo DS one handed as I type

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    There are products on the market such as the Booby Booster to help ease things a little
    I've looked in to this. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have huge breasts, but several of my friends do and 2 out of 3 of them have successfully breastfed for over 6 months.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I fed for 20 months as a 16I. I never had any cracked nipples or mastitis (I did have 1 major problem, but that was related to an accessory nipple....but that is another long and ridiculous story).

My keys to success were
    • Shaping up the nipple/breast with the c-hold (see the ABA article that a PP posted)
    • Good lumbar support
    • A good, sturdy breastfeeding pillow (mine was a boppy, we used it the whole time) and
    • not being afraid to ask for help.
    I had been worried that I would have troubles because in addition to big boobs, I don't have particularly prominent or protrusive nipples but it was never a problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I fed for 20 months as a 16I. I never had any cracked nipples or mastitis (I did have 1 major problem, but that was related to an accessory nipple....but that is another long and ridiculous story).

My keys to success were
    • Shaping up the nipple/breast with the c-hold (see the ABA article that a PP posted)
    • Good lumbar support
    • A good, sturdy breastfeeding pillow (mine was a boppy, we used it the whole time) and
    • not being afraid to ask for help.
    I had been worried that I would have troubles because in addition to big boobs, I don't have particularly prominent or protrusive nipples but it was never a problem.
    Same spg, my nipples are flattish too. But DS feeds fine. We did have a bit of problem with attachment at the beginning and I had cracks on one nipple but after a few weeks we had the hang of it.