+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    She went too far. Stealing is stealing even if it is just free newspapers certainly not something I'd want to catch dd doing so I would hope my friends have better morals then to go that far. I wouldn't dob them in but might say that's stealing and don't steal from me again.

Me and She - 4

Sent from my iPhone using Bubhub app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

chameleon  (29-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I HATE those competitions! Its a popularity competition and nothing else. I'm also sick of the little masterpiece studio ones that are SPAMMED all over facebook for votes. I wouldn't enter if its a 'most votes win' competition.
    She went way too far. I would have said something but wouldn't report her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Misschief, you're definitely not a bad friend and I have a feeling your friend is VERY aware what she did was inappropriate, because if she did think it was OK, I doubt she would have gotten so defensive about your reply.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (29-01-2012),MegaGuts  (05-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It's against the law to steal mail...even if it's junk mail.

She cheated, but I probably wouldn't have said anything to my 'friend' though, losing a friendship over something like that isn't worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not sure about your local paper but ours has a distribution of 250,000! So really even if she did steal ( free ) newspapers she would have had to get up earlier than 5.30am to really even get a 1000 papers! Are you sure she won from doing this or are you assuming? Either way I wouldn't waste brain cells worrying about what silly things other parents do , especially over a trivial competition!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (29-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly I am trying not to laugh right now. Hope the prize was worth getting up at 5.30am and stealing free papers lol. You are not a bad friend just an honest one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that there's nothing wrong with you being honest. She wouldn't have liked your comment because, well, sometimes the truth hurts! You were right, her son did not win. think she's got some issues to go to such great lengths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    But he did win. There's no law that says you can't vote repeatedly. The stealing bit was wrong, but other than that, it's no biggie. People do stuff like this all the time to enter competitions, god knows why they could be bothered.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Gruffalo  (05-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tbh I would feel uncomfortable being friends with someone who stole property from other people. For whatever reason.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (29-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I won't report her or anything. Never. I don't even report my friend who is ripping the government off by working cash in hand for 600 bucks a week while receiving a full pension and tax benefits. Its not something I agree of and I'm glad I'm close enough to my friends to be able to say so and not loose them as a friend. Yes they might get poopie with me for a bit, but they know they are doing the wrong thing or we wouldn't be friends anymore.

This town is only 60000 people and she did obviously not steal every single paper. I think the newspaper would have received a lot of complaints in that case and they might have figured out what was happening ;-)
    She didn't tell me how many she took, but she said she was going around for an hour each time mainly targeting unit blocks and big complexes.

I always thought that friends liked eachother for their compatible personalities. Doesn't mean they have to agree about every single thing.
    She doesn't agree with me taking DS to daycare 2 days a week. She doesn't believe in daycare. That's her right to not agree and she can complain about it all she wants.
    I'm not going to change my sons daycare because of her opinion and it doesn't mean I don't like her anymore. She even said that her DH said she was nuts to get up that early. They aren't going to divorce over that lol.
    Just
    We usually just agree to disagree. Our kids have known one another for nearly 2 years as they were born a few days apart. They are buddies. It would be very sad for them if their mum and dad couldn't get along anymore. They would loose their buddies.

It just hurt a little when she called me a bad friend. I would never call her that if and when she doesn't agree with one if my actions. Though as I said, she wants to go shopping this week and buy me a coffee. So maybe she realizes that she was a little harsh.