+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Prams that'll fold into a Corolla hatchback + fit shopping bags.

Hi all, first timer here just starting to research prams and gear.

We have a 2010 Corolla hatch... Which always seemed like a plenty big car to me but not feeling so sure now that bubs is on the way and all my friends with children have epically big SUV's and wagons (did I mention I hate massive cars!?)

Anyhow I'm after some pram recommendations for the 'rolla that'll also allow me to fit a few bags of shopping in too.

I'm pretty keen on a bugaboo bee+ as a ballpark guide.

Let me know your experiences with prams and cars that are of a similar size, thx!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    also have big cars at DD's swimming its bring you truck in the parking

bugaboo's are the best prams go with a cameleon you will love it
    when I looked at changing now that DD is 18mths 2 shops actually said to me why change you already have the best

GrabbyCrabby is offline She is everything I need, that I never knew I wanted... She is everything I want, that I never knew I needed...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I could fit a Steelcraft Eden pram in the boot of our Corolla, it just needed to go in wheels up . It's handy having the anchors on the back of the seat, it frees up a lot of boot space. A lot of places will let you try them for size in your car before you buy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GrabbyCrabby View Post
    A lot of places will let you try them for size in your car before you buy
    Would not buy from them otherwise

as you have stated that you want quality Steelcraft is not know for its quality does not really last try Maclean if you prefer that style of pram

or Phil & Teds Baby Jogger are also great brands

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdear View Post

bugaboo's are the best prams go with a cameleon you will love it
    Isn't the Cameleon bigger than the Bee+? I was thinking Bee+ because then I might stand a chance of getting some other items in the boot also, groceries etc

Fwiw... Planning on getting a Chariot Cougar also as a pram to leave at home to take jogging and bike riding (eventually) around our area, so the pram that lives in the Corolla really just needs to be compact, space saving, foldable for trips to shops, eating out and stuff like that.

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The Bee is incredible, I couldn't recommend it more. Suitable from birth, compact yet sturdy, lovely ride on good suspension, beautiful to push, and lasts and lasts.

I had DS2 (a 90th percentile child) in it until he was 3 and a half. I've also had mine since 2007 and it still looks great

ETA We have a Golf and I have no trouble fitting the Bee and grocery shopping in around it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Bibio  (29-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GrabbyCrabby View Post
    I could fit a Steelcraft Eden pram in the boot of our Corolla, it just needed to go in wheels up . It's handy having the anchors on the back of the seat, it frees up a lot of boot space. A lot of places will let you try them for size in your car before you buy
    Ahh yes, I was hunting around yesterday and noticed the location of the anchor points, thought that had to be a good thing!

Can you get any groceries, other gear in the back of your rolla with the pram? Just trying to imagine what can fit in that space atm

Fair call about going to shops and trying to chuck a range of prams in, didn't think of that at all, thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lambjam View Post
    The Bee is incredible, I couldn't recommend it more. Suitable from birth, compact yet sturdy, lovely ride on good suspension, beautiful to push, and lasts and lasts.

I had DS2 (a 90th percentile child) in it until he was 3 and a half. I've also had mine since 2007 and it still looks great

ETA We have a Golf and I have no trouble fitting the Bee and grocery shopping in around it.
    Great! Yeah I don't mind spending $$ on a bee because I'm hoping it will last a looong time! Thanks for the feedback on boot space too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a bugaboo cameleon and we drive a falcon which has a huge boot. I can fit the bugaboo in and maybe a few bags of shopping. We have used it in a Cruz as well, which I would say has a medium sized boot and you have to do some rearranging to fit it in. In my opinion it would be too big for your car as it folds down in two parts, not one, so it takes up a lot of space. Sorry I can't answer for the bee..although I'm guessing it will take up less space.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to proudmumma86 For This Useful Post:

Bibio  (29-01-2012)

somewhere between a rock and a hard place
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Any umbrella style stroller will fit in a hatch boot, if you stand it upright with the front wheels and handles over the back seat, we have taken off the rear driver side head rest and that's where our maclaren stroller lives, which leaves plenty of room for shopping and if we need to use the seat we just lay the stroller flat in the boot.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to swizzlestick For This Useful Post:

Bibio  (29-01-2012)