+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it possible to go back part time?
    I guess it is a tough one whether you need to go back financially or not? Good luck :-)

Sent from Mel's iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd is 4 months old tomorrow and I made the decision when I was pregnant to take 6 months off work, 6 weeks before the birth & 4.5 months afterwards. Seemed like a long time. It's not. I ended up delayed my return to work date so dd will be 5 months (yeah, only moved it 2 weeks) and I still don't feel ready. I haven't left her over a feed yet (she's BF) and I don't feel quite ready to go back to work, eventhough I am going to work part time.

I'd suggest waiting til bubs is at least 6 months old (then at least bubs will probably have started solids) and assess your finances to see if you really need to go back.

I went back when my ds was 12.5 months old & it was back to full time work and I ready to be back at work then, but would have preferred part time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was supposed to go back at the start of this month but I extended my leave for another 12 months (i can always go back earlier.)

I'm so glad I did. DS doesn't sleep through and can be a handful so I can't imagine going back to shift work right now.

Money is tight but I'm helping DH out at work and eating some extra cash. I guess I'm not technically a sahm then but its very, very flexible and I come and go as I please whatever day I want to work.

If you can make it work money wise, then go for it. For me, I knew I wouldn't regret staying home with DS even if we didn't have a lot of money but I would have been so stressed being back at work.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    one of the worst things about going back to work is actually finding a job
    part time work is so hard to find

Thanks
    Reviews
    I told work I'd go back when dd was 5 months old... then 6 months.... then 8 months..... I just wasn't ready!!
    I went back when she was just over 12 months and I was well and truly ready for it! If you can do it financially, I would wait till you're ready and you won't know when that is until you get there!! I'm so lucky to have a very supportive employer so it was easy for me to chop and change. I went back for 2 days a week to start just to get used to it and now I'm doing 3 days. I might wait a few months and do 4 but who knows! I still breastfeeding on demand when I'm at home with dd and me working hasn't made any difference to the way she feeds. She just goes without while at daycare and then we have a big feed when I bring her home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It seems like you've made up your mind! What is your field? Maybe there's some way you can use your expertise at home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had 4mths off after ds1 and went back to work fulltime and had 12mths off after ds and am going back to work in March 4 days a week. I'm wanting to go back though, I don't need to financially. I'm ready too and happy with my choice. It's up to you whether you chose to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went back when DS was 9 months. I really really really didn't want to but financially it just made sense. I work 2 days and it's ok. The money's very nice and makes life easier. If you can do one or two days, I'd give it a go