+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    mine is 11 and would not be colouring hair for nit problem don't know why hairdresser would tell you it would fix problem and it does not

they are old enough to start looking after their own personal hygiene I found that few lessons on how to wash hair properly helped my DD when she wanted longer hair

also with you about the pink and purple would be horrid at that age
    Last edited by ohdear; 28-01-2012 at 20:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had done everything and always send her home nit free with prevention stuff but it doesnt get followed, dyeing was the only thing we could think of to try. have even bought a robicom for her too. not much we can do when she is only here in the holidays

Thanks
    Reviews
    agree sounds like the problem lies in the other house

my DD has 2 houses as well so do understand where you are going from, sometimes I wait for the time when they are old enough to completely look after themselves the rest of the time you just do what you can

at least you have communication with her mum and are making the best efforts you can

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a comment on the nit issue.

Being that shes 10 this should work easy for you. Give her a spray bottle with teatree oil & a bit of water in it, tell her to spray tgrough out her hair every day

Tge nits will be gone!! Great nit prevention that will need no help from her mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    also sounds like its not just a hair issue the reinfestation has to be coming from somewhere else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbygirl View Post
    Just a comment on the nit issue.

Being that shes 10 this should work easy for you. Give her a spray bottle with teatree oil & a bit of water in it, tell her to spray tgrough out her hair every day

Tge nits will be gone!! Great nit prevention that will need no help from her mum.
    tried all that with her but she isnt good at remembering unless i am there to remind her, also bought the prevention sprays and sent her home with tea tree shampoos and conditioners and her mum just switched back to normal shampoo as its cheaper. tried to get her into a routine of doing it while she was here and running her robicomb through her hair every day so hoping this may help too

Thanks
    Reviews
    The mother should be helping her keep it nit free at home poor girl.My DD was getting her hair done on a weekly basic last yr due to bad nits being in her class I had to seen one of her friend home one day because she had them really bad it was like a dog left with a bad case of fles so I know it must be hard I would right a diary of each school Holiday when she comes with them and get your DH to do something more for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lettabean View Post
    tried all that with her but she isnt good at remembering unless i am there to remind her, also bought the prevention sprays and sent her home with tea tree shampoos and conditioners and her mum just switched back to normal shampoo as its cheaper.
    Maybe for the remembering thing does she like jewellery maybe if she wore a bracelet of some kind that might help her remember. Also just the tea tree oil would be a lot cheaper when money is an issue

i did threaten my DD with cutting her hair really short when she would not take some responsibility for it herself, her hair washing has improved a lot since then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If the mother intended to get her daughters hair done why not tell you that instead of you wasting your money, or advise of what she prefered then at least you could have had her hair done to suit. I would be very p***** off! Sounds to me like the mother is jealous of you doing it and it looks good and she's just changing it to be a b****

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    If the mother intended to get her daughters hair done why not tell you that instead of you wasting your money, or advise of what she prefered then at least you could have had her hair done to suit. I would be very p***** off! Sounds to me like the mother is jealous of you doing it and it looks good and she's just changing it to be a b****

Well that would be a great way to continue a mum step mum relationship
    both really need to get over the color issue and get to the base of the problem the nits

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ohdear For This Useful Post:

Lettabean  (28-01-2012)