+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kyllara, I am actually on FS 2. The first FS didn't seem to have much experience with low AMH and as I am from a smaller town I bit the bullet and went to the bigger smoke to seek help. I have seen that other people use Royal Jelly do you buy it from a chemist? I will try do some research for sazien as I haven't heard of it but $2000 is expensive especially when I am already paying airfares, accom etc as well. I haven't had any side effects from DHEA but I am on that many things at the moment so if I did have side effects I would't be able to pin point what they were from lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks jayemkayare for your kind words you have made me feel better I really believed that my two follicles were going to be my babies and when I woke up after egg pick up with 2 eggs I was so happy. My world was turned upside down the next day when FS advised they were no good but I still wasn't feeling too bad. It wasn't until we got home and I had to put away all the drugs I wouldn't be needing (pessaries etc as I won't be going to transfer day) that I completely broke down. I sobbed uncontrollably poor DH put his arm around me and said it will be ok.
    So here I am hoping there is a way with my own eggs and all of you lovely ladies have given me hope
    Antagonist is the protocol I have done. I am a bit worried to hear that dosage can effect egg quality, I didn't realise this However I do have faith in my FS so I am guessing he did this for a reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing chook11

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SG79 more hon I had tears in my eyes reading that. It is awful not making it to transfer when you go as far as EPU.

Reminds me of the cycle I got 1 egg but they called me later to say it was just the shell But my next cycle was completely different and your next cycle will be better too it is hard to think of it at the moment though as it is so unfair that there even has to be another cycle for you.

The DHEA side effects will kick in after 8 weeks, you'll know them when you see them but the zits, oily hair and all will be a comfort because they are signs the DHEA is working. And you though you were over those awkward teenage years didn't you!!! Lol.

I wonder how many of us are out there with undetectable AMH and so young.

Sent from my iPod touch using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone else break down in tears when they hear a friend is UTD? Is it just me? I am honestly happy for them but I no matter how hard I try I can't hold back the tears that seem to pour uncontrollably out of my eyes. How do I make it stop?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SG79 For This Useful Post:

Topdeck  (12-10-2014)

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SG79 - no you are not alone, after 3 years I still haven't figured out how to stop crying over "those" announcements. I don't know why I cry, like you said your happy for them and it doesn't make a difference to me really but it is like a giant slap in the face. I think with every friend that becomes pregnant we feel that bit more distant from them, that much more 'left behind' and alone

Sent from my iPod touch using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again jayemkayare

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, lineyb73

I know this is an old thread but just read this post and it gives me some hope. I also have an AMH below 1. I'm about to start my 5th cycle on different/higher protocol. Have already been stemming at 600 but my new doctor (second opinion) has put it up to 900.
    300 Menopour / 600 Puregon
    Do you mind me asking what you stemmed at with Wazza to get your twins?
    Thanks
    Mel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd update that I got my miracle in the end, on a cycle at age 41 years 4 months, with only one follicle and one egg.

Also, I would like to mention that a company called OvaScience is coming up with new treatments which could help in our situation. The treatments are based on Egg Precursor Cells (EggPCs) discovered in the outer edge of the ovary. The treatments are available in some places overseas and are expensive but it is a start.

They have three treatments which are available or under development. All involve first taking a biopsy of the outer edge of the ovary, approximately 6mmx6mmx1mm, and isolating EggPCs from it. The first treatment, Augment, takes mitochondria from the EggPCs and injects it into eggs, to improve egg health. This treatment has been released in a few countries, as shown on their website.

The second treatment, OvaPrime takes the EggPCs and injects them into the central area of the ovary, where they replenish your ovarian reserve. This treatment is supposed to become available at the end of 2015.

The third treatment, OvaTure, takes the EggPCs, and matures them into Eggs in-vitro. This is still under development and not available yet. However this would totally eliminate having to take stims. This would be wonderful for ladies diagnosed with cancer (who cannot take stims), for anyone susceptible to OHSS, and of course, all of us with DOR and early menopause, or those of us who are a little older.

Augment is useless for me, as I no longer get eggs. I am closely following the progress of Ovascience, as I think their OvaPrime treatment may enable me to complete my family with another child.

Their website is www.ovascience.com. There is currently a presentation which can be viewed under the "Investors" section of their website. Their Investor Day presentation is viewable here (2.5 hours long, but packed with information):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqZajDBiu6Q#t=108

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbutterly View Post
    Hi there, lineyb73

I know this is an old thread but just read this post and it gives me some hope. I also have an AMH below 1. I'm about to start my 5th cycle on different/higher protocol. Have already been stemming at 600 but my new doctor (second opinion) has put it up to 900.
    300 Menopour / 600 Puregon
    Do you mind me asking what you stemmed at with Wazza to get your twins?
    Thanks
    Mel
    Hi Melbutterly, I had a AMH less than one and after one failed cycle I was ready to start looking at donor options (I was advised this was my best option). Thanks to the lovely ladies on this thread I kept trying. I was fortunate to fall pregnant with my DD on my second IVF attempt with only one egg! This was after being on DHEA for 3 months. When I was ready to try for bub number 2, I started the DHEA again and after being on it for 3 months I booked in to see my obstetrician to start the IVF process again (this is when it says it is meant to start working). About a week before my ob appointment I started spotting and thought I was going through menopause early (this apparently happens with a low AMH) but it turns out I was pregnant! I calculated that we conceived at exactly 3 months after I started the DHEA. It was actually a miracle we even had sex at the correct time as I wasn't monitoring/timing anything (as we didn't think we had any chance) and my DH works away. Anyway I can't help but think the DHEA is what worked for me and would recommend it was worth a try. I wish you lots of luck.
    Congratulations Chook11 I am so happy to hear your wonderful news.