+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs down AMH less than one first IVF failed...very sad

Hi Im new to this I am 32 years old and have been trying TTC for 1 year but it feels like a lifetime. DH results came back fine but my AMH came back less than one. We went straight to IVF as recommended by FS. I had 2 follicles and I was convinced everything would be ok as it only takes one! Both had eggs but I was devastated to learn both eggs were bad FS strongly recommends donor eggs but we can try IUI. I am heartbroken at the moment and don't know what to do? Has anyone had success with their own eggs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry, I can't help with your question, but thought I'd keep it bumped up for you, and offer lots of

I hope you have some luck soon, and that someone can offer some hope/ inspiration for you.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (28-01-2012),SG79  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SG79
    I can't really help either as I'm in the same position as you. DH is fine but I have severe endometriosis and AMH < 1. I am 33. We've done 2 rounds of IVF and got BFN and we're in the middle of our 3rd try at IVF - hopefully we'll have EPU next week.
    I hope someone who has had success can reply to you - I'll be interested in hearing from them too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks kyllara, Do you mind if I ask if you had many follicles and eggs and did they make it to fertilisation? I was on 600 gonal F to get the two follicles apparently this is the highest you can go (it use to be 900). I also started DHEA a month ago so I am hoping this will help for next time.
    Sending lots of good wishes your way for EPU next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we did IVF after IUI don't get doing it the other way around
    how does that work

Thanks
    Reviews
    first round of IVF I did long down reg cycle -6 months of zoladex (which put me in temporary menopause) due to the endo, then synarel and 300iu gonal-f. We got 4 follicles/eggs. 1 was immature, 1 didn't fertilize and 2 fertilized. At Day 4 we had 2 embryos still going and put 1 back but got BFN. The other didn't make it to freezing
    Next cycle was an antagonist cycle and I was on 350iu gonal-f. There were 6 follicles on the scan but they only got 2 eggs - FS thinks maybe the trigger shot was too low for me this time and that caused less eggs from follicles. Both eggs fertilised and we put both back but BFN again.
    This time we're back on 350iu gonal-f with a stronger trigger.
    I've been doing acupuncture and traditional chinese medicines since early Jan plus royal jelly and co-enzyme q10 since Aug last year. FS has discussed DHEA and I'll start taking it if this cycle doesn't work.
    Have you had any side effects from DHEA? The FS also mentioned a clinical trial for saizen which is meant to help improve egg quality but I didn't qualify as I'm too overweight. You can pay for saizen but it's $2000 so we're not trying that yet.
    Have you thought about getting a second opinion?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SG79,

My AMH<1 as well, not successful yet but gearing up to try again. My first cycle (450 FSH) had 4 follicles, 3 were empty and got one egg. The egg fertilised but only grew to 4 cells. The second cycle (900 FSH) had 5 follicles, 3 empty and got two eggs. One egg was immature, the other fertilised but stopped growing at 9 cells. Then did a third cycle straight after without a break - had 3 follicles all empty.

After this I had 3 cycles of complete break from stims. Changed to a different FS who wants to try a "softly softly" approach with gentle stims. This cycle I started taking Clomid, and had two follicles. Unfortunately since FS was just back from holidays everything wasn't organised to do IVF or IUI, so we have just had to BD and hope for the best. Was scanned on Friday and FS said it looks like one of the follicles ovulated, but unfortunately the other one seems to have regressed.

I know of two ladies recently on these boards with AMH<1 and who got pregnant, both older than you. Hopefully these ladies and others might chime in soon.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chook11 For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (28-01-2012),SG79  (29-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a amh level less than one and now have 2 week old twins so there is a chance.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lineyb73 For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi SG79,

Sending hugs to you - being confronted with a low AMH is a truly crappy experienceHave u had your day 2 FSH oestrogen tested also??

There have been a couple of women on the over 35's thread with AMH less than one that have been successful.

The 2 stim cycles before my BFP my eggs were crappy - described as grainy. My personal opinion is that it was the protocol that didn't agree with me (long down reg) and too high a dose of FSH leading to abnormal egg growth rate. When I went back to a protocol that had worked better for me (antagonist) with a lower dose I had a better eggs and a better result. MY AMH was 2.7 just before this successful cycle.

Glad to read you are on DHEA, this has really helped a number of women. Other things that help some with low AMH are sazien, luveris, royal jelly.

which city are you in?

wishing you all the best

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkButterfly For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (28-01-2012)

jayemkayare is offline Miracles don't just happen, they take hard work and determination.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    SG79 - it is so so so devastating at so young to be told your AMH is undetectable. At 27 I was told this Don’t give up on your eggs yet, no way. The DHEA has done exciting things and is actually more effective for ladies in the younger population with a low AMH. It is so hard emotionally after a failed cycle but I promise that as time goes by and you start heading into another cycle the pain gets better and the excitement does come back

I can only really share my experience. My first IVF I got a surprising 5 eggs, but they were bad, they broke up when they ICSI’ed them. My next 2 cycle saw no response then with 5 months DHEA (also coQ10, vit E, fish oil and other stuff but these were the main ones) I got 10 eggs!!!! And there was no report of them breaking. And then my last cycle I got 5 eggs and all five fertilised. I truely believe that with my low AMH alone I would be pregnant by now. I have issues with uterine inflammation/infection caused by a previous transfer so please don’t take my failure as a negative. I was told to get a donor after my first cycle also but now there is no talk of that.

What protocol have you done? Most ladies with a low AMH do better on the antagonist and suppressing makes it more difficult to “wake” our ovaries up. 600 of gonal F is super high and as Pinkbutterfly said this can effect egg quality. My clinic will only go as high as 300 IU.

Lineyb73 – Congrats, and thankyou for sharing