+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is online now T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetseven View Post
    My 15yo's diet isn't crash hot at the moment.

Thoughout the day, she'll eat things like:
    * tinned spaghetti, or
    * bacon fried in butter, or
    * an egg fried in butter and heavily seasoned with salt, or
    * vegemite on white bread toast.

At night she gets served up dinner like everyone else, and half the time flatly refuses to eat it at all. Most other times it'll come back with the meat missing and the sides untouched.

Typically upon arriving home from TAFE she dumps the food I sent her for lunch into the rubbish bin, untouched.

------------

There are other behavioural issues as well, including a major refusal to accept my authority, so no, I really cannot tackle her refusing to eat "proper food". (She claims that fast food is "real food" and objects to the fact that I hardly ever buy it.) As for the other behavioural issues, she will comply with attending counselling, but has no desire to change her viewpoints, so it is proving ineffective.

I took her to the doctor recently for being "tired all the time" and nothing came of that visit either.
    Sweetseven, hope you can get to the bottom of what is happening for your DD.

SpecialPatrolGroup is online now T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    My boys eat nuggets, a lot.

100% chicken breast nuggets that i put in the oven. They also eat frozen fries i also cook in the oven.

They both have food aversions, and will only eat white food. The trauma of holding them down, in a head lock and force feeding them vegetables only to have them throw them back up, is in my opinion, and their therapists opinion, very very damaging.

They get liquid vitamins in their drinks, and eat apples and bananas. The bigger one refuses dairy, the younger one begs for dairy. But on a whole it is very very hard to disguise vegetables which have colour, into white food.

Sometimes things arent black and white, maybe there is a psychological problem in this young woman. Most people would listen if they were told they would die...

Responses in threads like these make me feel like the biggest peice of sh1t.
    Oh DE, please don't feel that way. You are clearly doing the best you can to give your kids the best quality nutrition that you can in the narrow range that they will eat. My fussy DD has me pulling my hair out at times so I can only imagine how hard it must be for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wowser, that is sad and obviously a deep psychological issue as opposed to just a food aversion to the other food groups in life.

I do know of an autistic child that will only eat beige coloured foods, so lives on nuggets and 2 other foods.

I am so surprised she has gotten away with *just* anaemia to be honest, it's surprising she hasn't gotten scurvy or the like. I can't stand left overs more than 2 nights in a row, let alone the same food from when I was a two year old to teen. Her breath must be atrocious, the poor love.

What a terribly sad situation with dire consequences.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry guys, its something i stress about a lot, my children arent as healthy as they can be, my eldest son which has the more severe case always has a cold, easily gets sick etc...

Lots of people say just force him, but ya just cant, and aside from that line in my previoous post about feeling bad, it was to point out that there is clearly a real psychological prob with this woman, the mother did fail her by not getting it investigated...but still i cant blame the child who is now a woman if there is something wrong upstairs.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

OurLittleBlessing  (28-01-2012),twotrunks  (03-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry guys, its something i stress about a lot, my children arent as healthy as they can be, my eldest son which has the more severe case always has a cold, easily gets sick etc...

Lots of people say just force him, but ya just cant, and aside from that line in my previoous post about feeling bad, it was to point out that there is clearly a real psychological prob with this woman, the mother did fail her by not getting it investigated...but still i cant blame the child who is now a woman if there is something wrong upstairs.
    I agree that you can't blame the child. The mother has failed her. I really struggle to believe that from the time she was 2, right until she was 17 there was no way to suppliment her diet with the relevant vitamins and minerals and that is what makes the story grossly disgusting. I should have worded that better in my OP.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna Lovegood For This Useful Post:

Californication  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Why ate we just blaming the mother? Where is the father on all of this?

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At 17, she needs admitted to a psychiatric unit for eating disorders. Her parents have a lot to answer for letting this go on so long. That's child abuse/neglect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I refuse to pass judgement on the mother because the article is

1) very short
    2) doesn't go into details of this girls home life/situation and
    3) clearly states that the mother is feeling heartbroken and is/has obviously seeking help for her daughter?!

Reeeeally don't get all the hating on the mum but anyway...

None of us know the whole story and nobody wants to help the poor girl more than her mother who is clearly trying to. Hopefully the young woman will get the help she needs ASAP.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pinkzy For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    Why ate we just blaming the mother? Where is the father on all of this?
    You're right. The parents should be blamed and a unit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My boys eat nuggets, a lot.

100% chicken breast nuggets that i put in the oven. They also eat frozen fries i also cook in the oven.

They both have food aversions, and will only eat white food. The trauma of holding them down, in a head lock and force feeding them vegetables only to have them throw them back up, is in my opinion, and their therapists opinion, very very damaging.

They get liquid vitamins in their drinks, and eat apples and bananas. The bigger one refuses dairy, the younger one begs for dairy. But on a whole it is very very hard to disguise vegetables which have colour, into white food.

Sometimes things arent black and white, maybe there is a psychological problem in this young woman. Most people would listen if they were told they would die...

Responses in threads like these make me feel like the biggest peice of sh1t.

DiamondEyes, I think you are not just a wonderful mum but an exceptional human being as well. As parents to all sorts of children, we ALL have our own burdens to bear