+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    That's the other thing. Daycare hours are 12 hours a day, fdc was 8.30 to 5 tuesday to friday, and 3 to 5 (after school care only) monday. No after hours, no weekends.
    They only do 12 hours if it's a long day care, not all centres are.
    Secondly, some FDC's do overnights, extended hours and weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    That sucks. I've yet to find someone to have her Friday, so I'm just going to have to leave early to go home and get her from daycare... but otherwise they're willing to have her until a later hour on Wed and Thurs when I need them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You have to be very lucky to find a job within school hours, and very lucky to find childcare for a school aged child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You have to be very lucky to find a job within school hours, and very lucky to find childcare for a school aged child.
    I will be working for myself so I can choose my own hours and most carers around here take school aged kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's another perk about being a teacher though we don't actually finish at 3 90% of the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Waitingfornumber2 View Post
    That's another perk about being a teacher though we don't actually finish at 3 90% of the time!
    Yeah even the teachers have to find after school care. I have none, no access at all, which means from this week I am unemployed because there are also no school hours jobs. My advice is to use a centre, and once you are in, stay there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We use a DCC. Dh and I went and met with the fdc agency to discuss everything. We walked out of there saying "nope too many variables for our liking!" the worst one for us was that they can have whoever over that they want. Yes the ppl r meant to have a bluecard (qld) but who polices this at the carers home. The carer knows when the agency r doing a check (every 6wks), so she can think - we'll just not have anyone over that day. Sorry but we weren't having our daughter in that situation.
    Having said that tho, I've got a few friends who have lovely relationships with their fdc mums just wasnt for us.
    The ladies r great out our DCC. We feel our dd gets plenty of attention, helps that she is the class clown tho lol. She has been in there parttime since she was 5mths and she's nearly 1. I'm sad actually because the assistant who our dd adores is moving to another room and dd will be devo (but she will get to see her for a few minutes a day).
    As long as u do ur research and r comfortable with ur choices and options then go with whatever is right for ur family

Thanks
    Reviews
    I prefer childcare center. I think this will make it easier when kids go to primary school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well as a family day carer I am a bit biased but I love family day care. Not to big myself up much but I am very flexible, reliable and provide great care. Just a few points I would like to make that I think makes CDC a good option : we chose our own work hours. My first child starts at 5.30 am. The scheme will ring all the carers with vacancies and state the hours and the carer can say yes or no. As previously mentioned some carers do overnight or weekend care. Personally I would do that casually for the children that come here already to help out the family but would not do a permanent overnight spot. Also I have 4 children who I take a d pick up from school. If they need to be picked up early I am happy to do that and bring them back here until the parents can come. ( if it's not infectious of course). Also I am so flexible that one girl is only booked in for 2 days a week but often comes for three. She only pays for the extra day when used. I am probably ripping myself off but I don't mind ! Another thing is I have built up a great bond with all the kids and family's. We even lent one family our car for a week when theirs broke down. Also I am very laid back about payment. As long as I know payment is going to be made late I am fine with it. I do get upset when I am not told though. Another positive is it really is a home away from home for the kids, it's not like been in daycare really ! I take the kids to the park, story time at the library etc. I basically treat the kids the same as I do my own. Although I do have to do all the planning etc. however like people have said it all depends on the carer, I have seen some carers at play group I would never leave my kids with. I would also like to say I have never had a sick day for a non genuine reason. When I am sick the office provides alternate care if wanted. Although most of my parents usually sort something out themselves.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry meant Fdc not CDC silly phone !