+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just measured...mine is

----------------------------------------------------- that long.

It was 7 years ago though so it's barely visible, same colour as my skin and was never itchy although it was numb for about the first year.
    Oh and its really low so sits below my bikini line (surgeon told me he was going to do it that low just before he cut 'as I was so young and wanted it to look nice for me)...strange but nice in a way I guess lol.
    Last edited by GothChick; 28-01-2012 at 15:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine is almost 2 years old now and very neat, straight and hard to see. However I still don't have very much feeling in it at all, some parts of it are completely numb still as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine is 2 years old, and I think I've been lucky because I can barely find it!

Sometime over the last 6 months or so it has regained normal feeling because it's not numb at all anymore.

Don't get me started on the stretchmarks though....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a pink line from my c/s 18 months ago. It just started to get itchy a few days ago...being 7 months pregnant I think the baby has started to stretch it a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ohdear View Post
    That is normal all of us have it no exercise can remove it
    I didn't get this, the first I heard of the 'caesar apron' was here on Bubhub, I had no idea it even existed as my scar was the first c/s scar I had ever seen.
    (Gosh, that sounds braggy, but it's honestly not meant to be!)

lola77 is offline BH Advocate - Sydney: Northern Beaches
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! I never knew until reading this that my scar isn't 'normal' and is hypertrophic! Anyone know of any good treatments?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lola77 View Post
    Wow! I never knew until reading this that my scar isn't 'normal' and is hypertrophic! Anyone know of any good treatments?
    There's nothing that can be done for keloid scarring except having it cut away, I know horrible huh. It can be from extreme trauma (I had external cotton stitches literally ripped out 5 days post partum by a middie) and also some people just scar that way. Excess collagen builds up behind the scar to help it heal.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine was a fairly bad keloid, they excised it with my second and it's now tidy and pink.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Mine is heaps better after the revision too. Still red, but no where near as raised and not itchy anymore. 100% improvement

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is purple and raised. Dr saw it and mentioned that l had keloid scarring. She is going to try fixing it for my next cs...fingers crossed it works.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub