+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeeaaahhhh I don't like the term 'artificial feeding' I'm sorry but you REALLY ARE feeding your baby.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Boobycino View Post
    Yeeaaahhhh I don't like the term 'artificial feeding' I'm sorry but you REALLY ARE feeding your baby.
    Thank you Booby Every time I read or hear the term artificial feeding or milk it's like finger nails down a chalk board. Technically probably true but I find it's often used in a very judgmental way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

MamaC  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah Del, I read it as a FFer, at first, but your right, it really could be either way. Though I didn't read it as a FF feeling guilty. I Got annoyed having my choice to BF questioned and guilt had nothing to do with it. People being ignorant jerks is why I got annoyed

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

delirium  (27-01-2012)

Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think it depends on WHO asks you .. if you're at mother's group and chatting about feeding babies - then its ok ..

if you bump into someone at the shops and they ask you (having not seen them for months) its kinda none of their business ..

I remember my aunty ringing me 1 day after my DS1 was born, and it was one of the FIRST questions she asked me .. I was honestly surprised - while I do think its important that mums get support and advice, I was kinda floored that it was something she would ask???

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Veve For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Thank you Booby Every time I read or hear the term artificial feeding or milk it's like finger nails down a chalk board. Technically probably true but I find it's often used in a very judgmental way.
    I don't see how it is 'technically true'. If someone said 'artificial breast milk feeding' that I can see as being technically correct. But just 'artificial feeding' or 'artificially feeding' - no. The baby is real, the formula is real and they are really being fed.

And yeah I only really see the term used in passive aggressive (or outright aggressive) ways & only online.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boobycino For This Useful Post:

DaughteroftheForest  (28-01-2012),delirium  (27-01-2012),me+he=3  (27-01-2012),shelle65  (28-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veve View Post
    I think it depends on WHO asks you .. if you're at mother's group and chatting about feeding babies - then its ok ..

if you bump into someone at the shops and they ask you (having not seen them for months) its kinda none of their business ..

I remember my aunty ringing me 1 day after my DS1 was born, and it was one of the FIRST questions she asked me .. I was honestly surprised - while I do think its important that mums get support and advice, I was kinda floored that it was something she would ask???
    Exactly. I actually read the OP as if the person was BF....but that could have been affected by the fact that DS breastfed for 4 years and DD is still BFing (3.5 months old), so my brain is in BF mode
    Personally, I never got sick of people asking. By the time your kid gets to a certain age, unless they actually know you still BF or see you do it, they seem to assume that you no longer do because so few kids over 12 months are BF here in Australia. And I was lucky, I almost never got the comment "OMG, are you still breastfeeding him??". Haven't had it yet with DD either, as nearly everyone in my circle of friends and family breastfed (or is breastfeeding) so the notion of a 3 month old BFing is completely normal and almost expected.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by me+he=3 View Post
    Perhaps "inappropriate" was the wrong wrong. "None of your business" would be better.

Is this like when the midwife said to me (with my 3rd child): "Oh so I see you're artificially feeding her?"

Me: "No I really am feeding her. Here are her used bottles."

Her: "You know what I mean...ARTIFICIALLY...like formula..."

Maybe...just maybe...as long as that child is being fed, it is actually nobody elses business. Just a thought. In the same way as how I choose to groom my genitals is noone else business either.
    How insulting hugs I would of walked out and not gone back

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely depends on the context - if a creepy old man asked me in a shopping centre I'd bat him over the head with my handbag!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow good on you ladies for being so supportive of both FF and BF. It's nice to see = ) I'll keep a look out for any replies to her comment to see what she meant.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I can see where she is coming from (IF i'm taking it the right way...it is a bit ambiguous).

It really does depend on the situation though.