+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 86 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u all for ur support!!! It really means a lot! Cyber hugs to Sunshine, Skizzie and all those with yucky news!! It's not fun!!

But I've had my few days of sadies and tears and am trying to look forward! All booked for next month, seeing my FS on the 26/3 to get everything ready for next cycle!!!

Ladies, our BFP's r coming!!!! It will happen!!! Love to all sharing this IVF journey! Xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GStef For This Useful Post:

skizzie  (17-03-2012),sunshine1974  (15-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Capri, sunshine, skizzie and gstef I am so sorry to hear that you all got BFN's it is such a hard and disappointing journey! But one day the BFP will come! That's what I keep telling myselfAfm I have my FS appointment on Friday and am really nervous he will scan me ad there will be nothing there! Good luck to everyone else xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to emmylou81 For This Useful Post:

skizzie  (17-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Girls, just letting you know, i'm out too I had a dream last night that we found out we were pregnant and woke up all happy. Then found out AF has arrived (well i'm pretty sure). def on the way. ah well, will just go back for a FET in two weeks. I'm bummed out our fresh one didn't work and worry the frosties won't be as good. I was so hoping this last one was my last cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    GStef, Sunshine, Capri and Skizzie - So so sorry to hear about your BFNs We will get our babies! And they will be so loved

Clem - Oh no! What a devastating thing to wake up to, especially after a dream like that

Noms - I'm really excited for you! Did you do another test this morning?

Minxy - Sorry to hear none of your embies made it to the freezer. Have a fun holiday in SA!!!

Hongi, Dancingbutterfly and Possie - Congrats on a successful transfer! Here's to stickiness!

Jessesgirl - 10 eggs is great! Well done! Have your heard how many fertilised yet?

Emmylou - Good luck with your scan tomorrow xx

I'm just waiting for tomorrow to call the clinic and tell them about my BFN. Over the past few days I've changed my mind about 4 times about what I want to do next and finally settled on letting them tell me what to do! Sometimes IVF feels like more of a gamble than a science.
    Last edited by elly_star; 15-03-2012 at 09:25.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elly_star For This Useful Post:

hongi  (15-03-2012),skizzie  (17-03-2012),sunshine1974  (15-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gstef- the 26th isn't too far away! It will be here before you know it.. How are you feeling?

Elly- how are you going? I know it's hard and yes I totally agree that sometime I think it's a gamble not a science! Thinking of you!

Clem- I have no words... Thinking of you..

Possie- welcome and congrats on being pupo! Will you POAS early??

Noms- please tell me you have seen 2 lines this morning?? You should show us and post the pics!! Haha

Afm- scientist called bit bummed only 6 fertilised from 10.. But I just need to keep telling myself 'one day at a time' it's so stressful! Don't know what's worse the 5 days of waiting to see how they divide or after transfer!
    Apparently the ones that matured up late were the lazy ones! Bloody biatches! Haha!

Thinking of you lovely ladies.. X
    Last edited by jessesgirl; 15-03-2012 at 07:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Jesse and Elly, i was prepared for it, but i tell you, i feel horribly sad this morning. Felt even worse having to text my parter who is out in the field somewhere, he will be devastated. He won't have reception so i might not get to talk to him for a day or two. I feel so awful telling him i let him down

i better get off here and get myself together and make it into work, i don't know how i'm going to do any work today without crying. Ivf is so bloody hard when you have to work full-time (as most of us do i imagine!)

Jesse, i don't think you should worry about that number, 6 is great!! I am SO hoping that you get some to freeze this cycle, to take the pressure off a little bit. Keep us updated on how the embies go, its very hard waiting to see how they grow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clem don't you dare blame yourself! Not at all! It was out of your control, which makes it so hard but you can't blame yourself..

Please be good to yourself.. Enjoy a wine if u need to.. Thinking of you. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    GStef, Clem, Elle, Capri and Skizzie - its just not fair, but we need to get through this in time, find some strength and try again.

To all the rest of the lovely ladies, i wish you all the very best on your journey, and really hope you get you BFP.

Thank you everyone for your support, BH is a great support network.

AFM, not sure where to from here, will chat with DP over the weekend, Plan B was a European trip, however think we would both prefer a family, so may just have a month off and go again in May.

May see you all sooner rather than later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Clem - I'm so sorry, love. Don't think you've let your partner down! Not at all. It's not your fault, and I'm sure he wouldn't think that either.

Elly, Capri, Sunshine & Skizzie - so, so sorry for you all too. I don't know what to say - I really feel for you all.

Jessesgirl - good stuff! 6 is great. I was thinking of you, wondering how you got on. they all progress well.

Noms - woo, hoo! Yay to a BFP! So happy for you. We need some more BFPs around here.

AFM: Well, AF has finally arrived, just within the last hour. Talk about taking her time! 3 days late! So we're all systems go for a blood test tomorrow morning.

And, had some wonderful news yesterday. Our level of PHI does cover IVF stuff, but we only changed to this fund in December. The level of cover we had at our old fund was equivalent in most other respects but IVF and ART investigations were restricted. They did not cover the day surgery fees when DH has his TESA and biopsy. Anyway, we fully expected the new fund to not cover us for the day surgery fees for my EPU and DH's microdissection. But once we got all the item numbers, I rang yesterday to check. They are going to cover us!! They acknowledged that we're still in the 12 month waiting period for IVF, but as our old fund has messed us about so much and we'd thought we were covered, then we weren't & they stuffed up our clearance certificates, etc, they made a management decision to cover this for us. And the girl called me back in about half an hour to tell me she had spoken with 3 managers and they're all across it, and they're putting a pop up on our record so that everyone will be able to see we should be covered for IVF. This saves us about $3k just for this cycle. I am so pleasantly surprised I can't quite believe it.
    Last edited by peoniesarepretty; 15-03-2012 at 09:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Peonies - for AF! Also, that's great news about the PHI fund! So nice to hear you have a company that cares for people like that, not something that's common sadly.

Clem - I feel like that too often, especially this time when I knew we had an embie in there. DH told me to not be so silly! It's hard not to heap blame on yourself

Jesse - 6 fertilised is a good rate! I had 9 out of 16 which is only just more than half. But yes, it's quality and not quantity so lets hope those embies are made of good stuff
    Apart from a super sad day on Tuesday I've been fine, so far I'm sticking with uni and it's a welcome distraction! This was only my first IVF attempt, so many other women have gone through worse! Last night during family dinner I had to endure a stupid request from my 20 year old SIL who is 12 weeks pregnant. I had to restrain myself from leaping across the table and punching her in the face! I try to be ok with the fact that she's pregnant, but she makes it so bl**dy hard!!!

Sunshine - I don't blame you for wanting to go to Europe, DH and I escaped there and lived in Bulgaria (random, I know) for about a year just after all diagnostic tests came back with no reason for us not getting pregnant. I kinda wish we'd stuck with it and started IVF sooner. The memories of the trip are good. It will be good to still have you around in May!

Eek, where has the morning gone?! I have to go get ready for work...