+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Meshell - that's so funny. When we had our orientation with the nurse the other day & she said that one, I immediately turned to DH and said "Orangutan" and the nurse laughed.

Samarasmum - I'll be on 125 of Puregon, then start the Orangutan ... then the trigger shot, then some pessaries (can't remember what they're called).

Hope everyone is well. AFM: Well, guess what?? We finally got to look at the donors! There was one that was clearly the best one for us, so we just selected him & now that's done. This means that as soon as AF arrives, we're off! So I guess I can be moved to the "started cycle" section. AF is expected on 12th, but who knows really?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Meshell23  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Sorry for no personals at the moment but I just need a vent

These drugs are making me a little crazy hey!! I am just soooo moody!! More than other cycles I think. I am fighting with my DH about everything and am crying at the drop of a hat and to top it off I took a sick day at work yesterday which I never ever do cause I wanted to get my hair done and asked for them to make me one shade darker to a medium to dark blonde and I have ended up dark brown almost black!!! Then they spent 2 hours trying to fix it with some blonde foils and they turned green so now I have to wait till next Tuesday for them to be able to try and fix it for me!! I am just having the worst week ever!!

The crazy thing is I know I am over reacting to everything and crying for no reason but I just cannot stop!!

I had mt BT this morning and have to start my Orgalutran today as well so that just means more hormones arrrrggghhhh

I have my first scan on Monday though so I am looking forward to that!!

What does this all suck so much!! I remember I was so positive going into this cycle and calm about it all and now look at me!! DAMN HORMONES

I so hope you are all have a better week than me!!

Lots of love xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mummyofaddi, sounds like you're having a shocker you poor thing. I really feel for you. You shouldn't be hard on yourself, IVF is tough and i think its totally normal to be moody. I was exactly the same, kept having meltdowns and bursting into tears, picking fights with my fella (over the phone mainly because he was 1500km away!). Plus you have a toddler to look after as well! Are you working at the moment? Could you get away for an hour and have a facial or a massage, sometimes just a little bit of peace can recharge you a bit to get through the day. Does your DH head off soon though?

When I got to the end of my rope, i went to my mum's who was wonderful and made me cups of tea and cake and we just watched some downtown abbey and read trashy mags.

You will get through it, and fingers crossed for a BFP this cycle.

Peoniesarepretty, wow exciting! Hope AF turns up on time for you so you can get started.

Samarasmum, thanks for updating the roll. Let us know how your scan goes.

I just called to make sure all our cycle fee's were finalised, and because we cancelled last cycle, it means we get an extra $650 rebate (which pays to freeze our embryos) so sometimes there is a little silver lining when things don't go to plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did all the EPU ladies go today?

UPDATE:
    On my way home from the hospital.... Awesome news on the eggs, went in with 12 follicles came out with 20 eggs WTF??? I was of the understanding that not every follicle would even have an egg & some how our eggs have doubled!! Fingers crossed I'll never have to go through that again. Only bad news is the doc said with the qty of eggs I had, I'm now at higher risk off OHSS (over hyper stimulation syndrome) he is a bit worried about me & has asked me to contact them at the first sign - also the nurses will contact me soon. Fingers crossed I'll be fine and can have the transfer Suday :-)

Hope everyones well, I'm going to rest & do personals later XX

Hopefully I'll have more of an update.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take it easy MARTTC!! And have plenty of water & rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls getting my computer fixed today so will b able to finally not just talk about myself haha but until then I do just need to get my thoughts off my chest and hear what u girls think. So last cycle egg pickup didn't happen till day 21 in my cycle which I've been told is late and possibly the reason my eggs started fragmenting early. This morning I had egg pickup and we only got 4 eggs and hubby was told it looks like 2of those r immature but we won't no until tomorrow. I'm so disappointed in this and can't stop crying cos it feels like this cycle is just a dud again. Today is day 12 of my cycle which I thought was pretty early but the nurses and fs assured us that it was fine. I had a bt on wed morning and fs said he will call if there is a prob but didn't then today hubby also gets told levels were low so that contributes to them thinking we have 2immature eggs. I don't understand y he didn't call me wed and say we should wait till Monday afterall... Just devasted cos after last cycle failed they told us we probs shouldn't have done it cos it was too late but didn't tell us that till it failed and now they say this after epu am I overreacting and just hormonal or do I have a right to b upset over this? I no it only takes one but feel like we just wasted another shot

Thanks
    Reviews
    capri - sounds to me as though your clinic are not being very proactive. They're just letting things go not so perfectly, and then after the fact saying "oh we shouldn't have done it like that". That would frustrate me too.

I think when you see your FS again, you should raise this ... in a polite, respectful way, of course. Just say you appreciate that everyone is different, so there is a learning curve to how your body will respond. However, you are not made of money and can't afford to just let cycles fail when they don't have to. If s/he thinks something could be done better, then do it - don't just mention it when it's too late.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

Meshell23  (09-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Capri I am sorry you didn't get a better outcome today. def talk to FS and ask the questions. its your right! x

Marttc 20 is awesome. Get lots of rest today x

AFM

Just home from EPU and feeling bit sore but good. ended up with 17 eggs and FS happy with them so far. Lots of water and protein today, fx they fertilise xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Capri - I'm so sorry to hear that, easy for me to say with the amount I have although I have no idea the quality over them yet.

I'd be devastated :-(

Absolutely say something!
    I personally called mine the day b4 pick up to tell him I was let down by his service & felt as if it was all about the money & hadn't worried about us or our feelings.... Think I'm very hormonal lol but I was glad I did & if you think they have not done something right, tell them... We spend too much then to let them make wrong choices!!

As stated above / they control our cycle so I wouldn't think they could get that part wrong?!

Hope you feel bettor soon xxx

It's not over yet right? Can still have a et??

Hugs!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay dancing!!!! That's great!!!
    Did they day anything about you being at risk with 17 eggs for OHSS? I thought that was weird