User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Desperately seeking reassurance from those in the know

I found out today at my 8 weeks scan (turns out only 7 wks 2 dys) that I am pregnant with 2! I have 2 seperate sacs, one significantly smaller than the other, infact only just bigger than the baby. the smaller it seems is 2 days smaller than the other and they have heart beats of 157 for the bigger and 130 for the smaller. should I be concerned or is this very normal?

I have 1 boy but suffered at miscarriage at 11 weeks in September so Im very nervous and I want more than anything for these 2 babies to be alright.

any feedback very appreciated....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly, congratulations. With 2 seperate sacs I wouldn't be concerned. Not sure about the heartbeats, I can't remember what my girls were.

DD2 was always slightly smaller than DD3. It varied, but I think it was a few days on the first scan which I had at 7wks. (But they were ICSI so we knew exactly how old they really were) When they were born there was about 600g and 2cm difference between them.

And now at 8yrs old DD3 is at least a whole head taller maybe slightly more, 3-4 clothes sizes bigger and DD3 is almost 15kgs heavier. She's not overweight, but DD2 is pretty small. And DD1 is only 8kgs more than DD3 and she is 4.5yrs older.

That's genetics for you. One takes after my dads side of the family who are pretty much all over 6ft while the other looks like she takes after my mums side. My grandma was only about 4ft 8. Then DD1 at the same age was somewhere in between.

When they aren't identical twins there are going to be differences in them just like there would be with siblings. I'm sure there would be huge differences if everyone was able to compare all their children at exactly the same time.
    DD1: 13yrs
    DD2 + DD3: 9yrs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Danielle, My biggest concern in the sacs, one is 2.1 cms and the other.98 and only just bigger than the baby... does this sound problematic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea about the sac's.

Its quite common for there to be a size difference between babes, they are 2 very difference people who happen to be womb mates.

Your best to speak to your care provider.
    Krystal 24 Luke 29
    T, A & J
    17 May 2009
    Suffering in silence.

bgbgbb is offline To think, I was only going to have 1 child!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it possible you might have ovulated more than a few days apart, which would explain the difference in sizes, or are both the fetuses around the same gestational age? I know that this isn't common, but it does happen.
    DS1(10), DD1(8), DS2(6), DD2(5) ,
    TWIN BOYS
    (2)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. The babies themselves are only measuring 2 days apart but I saw my GP yesterday and he seems to have no concerns over the sac sizes so I guess we will just wait and see!